- Get unlimited access to the IBM® Spectrum Storage™ family and IBM Cloud Object Storage software
- License the suite on a cost-per-terabyte (TB) basis so pricing is easy to understand and predictable; change or add software without raising license costs
- Improve the way you manage, protect and store data; deploy new storage faster
- Simplify the evolution of storage to a software-defined infrastructure supporting cognitive and other new workloads
- Provide full storage functionality regardless of platform, whether SAN-based arrays or software-defined servers
- Deploy storage software on dedicated storage devices, commodity servers or in the cloud
- Get the efficiency of running virtualized compute and storage functions on the same server
- Leverage existing server resources to avoid the need to buy additional storage hardware
Data today is not only growing faster and bigger than ever, it’s also considerably different than it has been. It comes from different places: social media and the Internet of Things, in addition to the enterprise itself. It’s used in different operations: analytics and cognitive workloads as well as backups and archiving. It’s structured differently: on flash, as file and object data, and as traditional block data. And it’s stored differently: in a software-defined, storage-rich server infrastructure and in the cloud rather than only a storage area network (SAN) environment.
But just as these differences can make data more beneficial for business, they can also add complexity and cost for IT. Challenges ranging from management to licensing often arise from the jumble of multi-vendor applications typically deployed to support virtualized environments. But integrated solutions managed together and purchased together under a simplified licensing and pricing structure—and then used as needed at no additional expense—can provide the streamlined management and lower cost organizations need to get the most from data.
IBM Spectrum Storage Suite gives you unlimited access to the IBM Spectrum Storage family and IBM Cloud Object Storage software with licensing on a flat, cost-per-TB basis to make pricing easy to understand and predictable as capacity grows. Structured specifically to meet changing storage needs, the suite is ideal for organizations just starting out with software-defined storage as well as those with established infrastructures who need to expand their capabilities.