- Improve application performance and reduce storage costs with integrated storage monitoring, automation and analytics
- Consolidate file, object, flash, block and software-defined storage management with one console
- Choose from on-premises and cloud-based solutions with a range of licensing plans
- Streamline performance troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Improve consistency and control for storage operations
IBM® Spectrum Control™ is a comprehensive solution that can significantly improve monitoring, automation and analytics capabilities in multi-vendor storage environments. IBM Spectrum Control helps manage storage systems, software-defined storage, storage-area network (SAN) fabrics and devices. Storage can be seen from multiple perspectives, including departmental, application and server views. IBM Spectrum Control helps simplify provisioning, tier optimization, performance management and data replication processes.
The mission: Simplify data and storage management
While storage environments continue to grow in capacity and complexity, many organizations are scaling back on dedicated storage experts. It is, therefore, imperative that storage become easier to manage by IT administrators who may also be responsible for servers, networks and applications.
Organizations tend to acquire collections of multi-vendor storage systems, due to application requirements, multiple buyers, mergers, staff turnover and other factors. Adoption of cloud and software-defined storage creates more to manage. Each brand of storage system has its own administration interface, which can increase complexity and opportunities for error.
In addition, user expectations are increasing. Businesses collect, store, process and use more information than ever before. At the same time, there is low tolerance for downtime, unpredictable performance or provisioning delays. To satisfy these increased demands, organizations need more comprehensive monitoring, automation and analytics capabilities—so they can proactively resolve issues before users are impacted.