Data presents opportunities and challenges that can affect the success of your company. The insights revealed through analytics and the scalable, optimized and resilient data ready infrastructure offered by IBM Storage can help you extract the value from your data to make better, faster decisions.
IBM uses policy engines and analytics-driven data management to keep data in the right place automatically, based on usage, and move data between storage systems without disrupting users or applications. The result: clients can run their big data and analytics projects and environments with much-faster performance at a much-lower total cost.
IBM storage solutions based on Flash, disks and Software defined storage technologies address significant key big data and analytics requirements and offer these advantages:
- Simplified storage management. IBM Storage solutions support all applications, data types and hundreds of heterogeneous storage systems, including cloud-based systems.
- Scalability with data anywhere. IBM solutions enable elastic scalability with high performance for new analytics, big data, and social and mobile applications.
- Improved data economics. IBM solutions leverage commodity hardware and intelligently move data to the right location at the right time, from flash for fast access, to tape and cloud for the lowest cost.
- Openness. IBM supports industry standards, including OpenStack and Hadoop, to complement IBM innovations with ones from other providers and communities.
- Speed. IBM storage solutions help you improve speed to data and gain new levels of meaningful visibility into data. They help accelerate business applications, reducing time to insight to help your customers make the data-driven decisions they need.