- Quickly implement a private cloud storage service
- Add storage capacity with just a few clicks through the web-based self-service portal
- Easily store and access files
- Offer automated storage provisioning, simple reporting and monitoring
- Improve overall IT efficiency and service quality
- Increase employee and administrator productivity
Growing data storage demands coupled with shrinking or nearly flat IT budgets place extraordinary pressure on IT managers. Many organizations see cloud as a way to deliver storage services more effectively while saving both time and cost, since cloud environments can support new ways to make storage solutions more efficient and agile.
IBM introduces the IBM® SmartCloud™ Storage family, which helps customers become cloud agile by improving agility, security and functionality for storage—in the cloud. As part of this family, IBM now offers IBM SmartCloud Storage Access, an easy-to-deploy, simple-to-use software solution that features a self-service portal for storage provisioning, monitoring and reporting. It is designed to provide users with a self-service file-serving facility over the Internet. With a few clicks, users can create an account, provision storage and start uploading files. Administrators can easily monitor and report storage usage and can create different classes of storage for different users or departments within an organization.
IBM SmartCloud Storage Access enables organizations that offer private cloud storage services to: