IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center
IBM Tivoli® Storage Productivity Center is a storage infrastructure management software solution designed to help you improve time to value, as well as reduce the complexity of managing your storage environment by simplifying, centralizing, automating and optimizing storage tasks associated with storage systems, storage networks, replication services and capacity management.
This integrated solution helps you improve your storage total cost of ownership (TCO) and return on investment (ROI) by combining the management of storage assets, capacity, performance and operations—traditionally offered by separate storage resource management (SRM), device or SAN management applications—into a single console.
The Tivoli Storage Productivity Center family of products includes:
- Tivoli Storage Productivity Center
- Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Select
Details about integration and interoperability, including device support, database support, server hardware requirements and OS platform support can be found on the “Install/use” tab in the Product support section. Other technical resources, such as troubleshooting, downloads and planning information can also be found in the Product support section.
- Provide comprehensive visibility and help centralize the management of your heterogeneous storage infrastructure from a next-generation, web-based user interface using role-based administration and single sign-on
- Easily create and integrate IBM Cognos®-based custom reports on capacity and performance
- Deliver common services for simple configuration and consistent operations across host, fabric and storage systems
- Manage performance and connectivity from the host file system to the physical disk, including in-depth performance monitoring and analysis of storage area network (SAN) fabric
- Monitor, manage and control (zone) SAN fabric components
- Monitor and track the performance of SAN-attached SMI-S compliant storage devices
- Manage advanced replication services (Global Mirror, Metro Mirror and IBM FlashCopy®)
Tivoli Storage Productivity Center can help you manage capacity, performance and operations of storage systems and networks. It helps perform device configuration and manage multiple devices, and can tune and proactively manage the performance of storage devices on the SAN while managing, monitoring and controlling your SAN fabric.
Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Select
Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Select is an entry-level offering that provides equivalent functionality to Tivoli Storage Productivity Center, but is licensed by the number of storage devices managed. It supports IBM Storwize® V7000, IBM XIV® and IBM System Storage® DS3000, DS4000® and DS5000 as standalone devices or attached to an IBM SAN Volume Controller. Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Select also supports any storage devices that are attached to the IBM Storwize V7000.
Browse System Storage
Learn how to identify and fix issues in your storage environment
Learn about cloud-specific management requirements for your storage environment
Learn about Tivoli Storage Productivity Center and its capabilities