- Provide 16 Gbps connectivity in a high-density Fibre Channel switch
- Enable storage area network (SAN) consolidation with integrated multiprotocol support
- Deliver high-performance Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) and fast disaster recovery
- Support hardware-based virtual fabric isolation with virtual SANs (VSANs) and Fibre Channel routing with Inter-VSAN routing (IVR)
- Enable cost-effective, high-performing Fibre Channel and FCIP connectivity for open systems and mainframe environments
- Cisco Data Mobility Manager (DMM) as a distributed fabric service
- Support virtual storage area networks, which are ideal for efficient, secure SAN consolidation
- Deliver a comprehensive solution to address the need for failure-proof security in storage networks
- Provide advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting tools in conjunction with IBM solutions
- Simplify management across multiple switches and converged fabrics
Cisco MDS 9250i Multiservice Fabric Switch for IBM® System Storage® is an optimized platform for deploying high-performance SAN extension solutions, distributed intelligent fabric services and cost-effective multiprotocol connectivity for both open systems and mainframe environments. With a compact form factor and advanced capabilities normally available only on director-class switches, MDS 9250i is an ideal solution for departmental and remote branch-office SANs as well as large-scale SANs in conjunction with the Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director.
MDS 9250i offers up to 40 16 Gbps Fibre Channel ports, two 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet IP storage services ports and eight 10 Gigabit Ethernet Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) ports in a fixed, two-rack-unit (2RU) form factor. MDS 9250i connects to existing native Fibre Channel networks, protecting current investments in storage networks.
- Hardware-based virtual fabric isolation with virtual SANs (VSANs) and FC routing with Inter-VSAN Routing (IVR)
- Enterprise-class availability features for departmental SANs
- Intelligent network services and advanced traffic management capabilities
- Industry-leading SAN security to support compliance and regulatory requirements
- Fixed configuration with up to 40 ports of 16-Gbps Fibre Channel and 10 ports of 1/10 -Gigabit Ethernet
- Port speed: 4/8/16-Gbps autosensing, optionally configurable
- Up to 256 buffer-to-buffer credits can be assigned to a single Fibre Channel port to extend storage networks over long distances.
- Hot-swappable, 2+1 redundant power supplies and fans