- Provide 16 Gbps connectivity in a high-density Fibre Channel switch
- Enable storage area network (SAN) consolidation with integrated multiprotocol support
- Deliver high-performance Fibre Channel over IP (FCIP) and fast disaster recovery
- Support hardware-based virtual fabric isolation with virtual SANs (VSANs) and Fibre Channel routing with Inter-VSAN routing (IVR)
- Enable cost-effective, high-performing Fibre Channel and FCIP connectivity for open systems and mainframe environments
- Cisco Data Mobility Manager (DMM) as a distributed fabric service
- Support virtual storage area networks, which are ideal for efficient, secure SAN consolidation
- Deliver a comprehensive solution to address the need for failure-proof security in storage networks
- Provide advanced diagnostics and troubleshooting tools in conjunction with IBM solutions
- Simplify management across multiple switches and converged fabrics
Cisco MDS 9250i Multiservice Fabric Switch for IBM® System Storage® is an optimized platform for deploying high-performance SAN extension solutions, distributed intelligent fabric services and cost-effective multiprotocol connectivity for both open systems and mainframe environments. With a compact form factor and advanced capabilities normally available only on director-class switches, MDS 9250i is an ideal solution for departmental and remote branch-office SANs as well as large-scale SANs in conjunction with the Cisco MDS 9710 Multilayer Director.
MDS 9250i offers up to 40 16 Gbps Fibre Channel ports, two 10 Gigabit Ethernet IP storage services ports and eight 10 Gigabit Ethernet Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) ports in a fixed, two-rack-unit (2RU) form factor. MDS 9250i connects to existing native Fibre Channel networks, protecting current investments in storage networks.
- Hardware-based virtual fabric isolation with virtual SANs (VSANs) and FC routing with Inter-VSAN Routing (IVR)
- Enterprise-class availability features for departmental SANs
- Intelligent network services and advanced traffic management capabilities
- Industry-leading SAN security to support compliance and regulatory requirements
- Fixed configuration with up to 40 ports of 16-Gbps Fibre Channel and 10 ports of 10 -Gigabit Ethernet
- Port speed: 4/8/16-Gbps autosensing, optionally configurable
- Up to 256 buffer-to-buffer credits can be assigned to a single Fibre Channel port to extend storage networks over long distances.
- Hot-swappable, 2+1 redundant power supplies and fans