- Gain flexibility with a 10 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch that includes both local area network (LAN) and native Fibre Channel ports
- Support multiple protocols including Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), iSCSI and network-attached storage (NAS)
- Streamline management by utilizing Brocade Network Advisor and available integration with IBM® System Director
- Extend the benefits of existing Brocade storage area networks (SANs)
Seeking better ways to build clouds and virtualized data centers, today’s IT organizations are turning to high-performance networking solutions that increase flexibility through leading-edge technologies. Whether organizations want to enhance their classic hierarchical network architectures or deploy flatter scale-out fabrics for virtualized data centers, the Brocade VDX 6730 Converged Switches for IBM deliver the innovative technology to enhance and simplify their networks.
IBM is partnering with Brocade, an industry-leading SAN switch provider, to deliver converged data center solutions. Converging Fibre Channel storage and regular Ethernet traffic on one platform allows administrators to reduce the number of adapters, simplify management and protect storage investments by utilizing the existing SAN infrastructure. IBM delivers interoperability by providing end-to-end FCoE testing with the latest Brocade VDX 6730 Converged Switches, IBM System Storage® SAN b-type and Brocade SAN switches, and IBM storage.
- Outstanding performance with up to 16 Fibre Channel ports concurrently active at 8 Gbps and 24 or 60 Converged Enhanced Ethernet (CEE) ports concurrently active at 10 Gbps link speeds
- Protects existing investments by bridging Fibre Channel storage area networks (SANs) and Ethernet fabrics
- Enterprise-class availability features such as hot-swappable, redundant and integrated fan and power supply assemblies
- Fibre Channel ports for connectivity to Brocade Fibre Channel SAN fabrics
- 1U Brocade VDX 6730-32 with 24 x 10 GbE LAN ports and 8 x 8 Gbps native Fibre Channel ports (Fibre Channel transceivers shipped standard)
- 2U Brocade VDX 6730-76 with 60 x 10 GbE LAN ports and 16 x 8 Gbps native Fibre Channel ports (Fibre Channel transceivers shipped standard)
- CEE and traditional Ethernet protocols; CEE ports are capable of transporting both Fibre Channel storage and Ethernet LAN traffic—eliminating the need for separate server SAN and LAN adapters and cables
- Common Brocade Fabric OS supports the entire IBM System Storage SAN b-type family and helps protect SAN infrastructure investments with backward compatibility
- Open SAN management platform supports switch management through a command-line interface or Brocade Network Advisor