- Increase performance and reliability by providing proactive performance analysis and troubleshooting capabilities across storage area networks (SANs)
- Simplify operations by providing centralized, end-to-end network management of SANs, including Gen 5 Fibre Channel platforms and IBM b-type SAN converged Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) environments
- Enable fast troubleshooting and problem isolation through comprehensive Fabric Vision diagnostics and dashboard playback
- Provide greater flexibility, visibility and insight across environments through integration with Fabric Vision technology
- Provide comprehensive support for Fibre Channel SAN management with configuration, zoning and visualization capabilities, including end-to-end host bus adapter and converged network adapter, storage, and SAN fabric switch topology views
- Centralize enterprise campus network management of both wired and wireless networks through a unified management interface
- Integrate seamlessly with hypervisors and management solutions from other vendors
Under pressure to reduce costs and increase agility, organizations can become stuck in a reactive mode, overspending on inefficient measures aimed at keeping their networks up and running. By standardizing and automating processes, however, network teams can proactively address availability and performance issues, and dramatically reduce costs.
To address this issue, the IBM® Network Advisor software management tool provides comprehensive management for data, storage and converged networks. This single application can deliver end-to-end visibility and insight across different network types; it supports Fibre Channel SANs—including Gen 5 Fibre Channel platforms—IBM FICON® and IBM b-type SAN FCoE networks. In addition, this tool supports comprehensive lifecycle management capabilities across different networks through a simple, seamless user experience.