Whether your IBM Power server implementation is intended to optimize existing workloads or if you are adopting new technologies, IBM Smarter Storage for Smarter Computing is the right solution for your strategic initiatives. Smarter Storage allows you to manage and extract value from ever-increasing amounts of data.
IBM enterprise storage for IBM Power environments
- Integrated solution delivers superior innovation and value
- Full Easy Tier support for Power AIX and Power i OS
- Integrated performance monitoring tools between Power i and DS8000
- New integration between DS8000 copy services and PowerHA HyperSwap (DS8700/DS8800)
- Integrating low latency flash storage makes Power systems more efficient, improving productivity in less time.
- IBM Texas Memory Systems easily integrate into existing infrastructures, connecting directly or behind storage virtualization and Easy Tier with no required application changes
- Automated tape library for backup and archive scales from midsize to large enterprise environments
- Automatic control path and data path failover supports improved continuity and disaster recovery
- Redundant control paths, grippers, power supplies and AC feeds provide enhanced availability
- Differentiating high-end disk storage designed for easy growth
- Hotspot-free, high performance across dynamic, heterogenous workloads—with zero tuning
- Highly autonomic storage with extreme ease of use and provisioning
- High agility and tight integration with hypervisors and OpenStack for optimized cloud and virtual environments
- Highly scalable midrange virtualized storage consolidates workloads into a single system for simplicity of management and lower cost.
- Superior performance and high availability for midsize businesses
- Industry-leading storage virtualization enhances existing storage
- Helps improve productivity, availability and lower storage costs
IBM Power System platforms offer three operating environments:
- AIX is an open, UNIX operating system that allows you to run the applications you want, on the hardware you want. Learn more
- IBM i has a highly scalable and virus resistant architecture with a proven reputation for exceptional business resiliency. Learn more
- Linux operating system can reduce costs, increase flexibility, and continue the same quality of service achieved with a traditional UNIX operating system. Learn more