The IBM System z platform represents decades of innovation in delivering powerful industry-leading computing capabilities. IBM System Storage offers a family of mainframe storage solutions designed, developed and tested together with System z for extraordinary value.
Featured enterprise mainframe storage solutions for System z environments
- Delivers up to three times performance improvement by leveraging IBM POWER7® technology with scalable processor cores and up to, 1 TB of system cache
- The special integration between DS8000 and System z offers unique benefits when these high-end systems are deployed together
- IBM TS7700 is a family of mainframe virtual tape solutions that optimize data protection and business continuance for System z
- New enhancements increase data security with end to end encryption, reduce complexity with a new GUI, and store up to 40% more data than previous generations.
More storage solutions for System z environments
- The IBM System Storage TS1140 Tape Drive features storage capabilities to help you establish easy, rapid access to data, improve security, provide long-term retention and help maintain data governance and regulatory compliance
- The IBM System Storage TS3500 Tape Library combines IBM automation technology and high-performance IBM tape drives to deliver a robust mainframe storage solution for open systems and System z mainframes
New zEnterprise offerings
Introducing an expanded portfolio of workload and industry-based solutions
See what's new