- Data ONTAP - OS and has its own release model that are different compared to other software packages
- Provides full-featured and multiprotocol data management for both block and file serving environments through N series storage operating system.
- Simplifies data management through single architecture and user interface, and reduces costs for SAN and NAS deployment
- Client Software - Any software that resides on a customer-provided computing host (server, desktop, laptop or mobile device). Client software does not include Data ONTAP operating systems, embedded software or firmware such as disk shelf firmware on hardware products, or host utilities
- Single Mailbox Recovery:
- Enables the recovery of a single mailbox from a Microsoft Exchange Information Store
- Extracts a single mailbox or email directly in minutes with SMBR, compared to hours with traditional methods, eliminating the need for staff-intensive, complex, and time-consuming Exchange server and mailbox recovery
Enables you to automate storage provisioning tasks and to manage data in Microsoft Windows environments. It can run on Windows hosts in either a physical or a virtual environment.
- UNIX (AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Solaris)
Enables you to manage Snapshot™ copies easily. SnapDrive for UNIX simplifies data backup, so that you can recover the data if it is accidentally deleted or modified. SnapDrive for UNIX also helps you in automating storage provisioning operations.
- SnapManager (VI, Exchange, Oracle, SAP, SharePoint, SQL, Hyper-V)
- Provides host-based data management of N series storage for databases and business applications
- Simplifies application-consistent Snapshot copies, automates error-free data restores, and enables application-aware disaster recovery
- OnCommand Unified Manager:
OnCommand Unified Manager software provides integrated policy-based data and storage management for virtual and physical environments. It brings together multiple products—including Operations Manager, Protection Manager, and Provisioning Manager—into a single integrated, policy-based data and storage management solution for virtual and physical environments.
- OnCommand System Manager:
System Manager is a graphical management interface that enables you to manage storage systems and storage objects (such as disks, volumes, and aggregates) from a web browser.
You can use System Manager to perform the following functions:
- Discover and configure NetApp® storage systems.
- Monitor and manage your storage systems and HA configurations.
- Configure protocols such as CIFS, NFS, iSCSI, and FC/FCoE.
- Provision storage for NAS and SAN environments.
- Create and manage vFiler® units and SnapMirror® relationships.
- Create and manage Vservers.
- Virtual Storage Console for VMWare vSphere
The Virtual Storage Console for VMware vSphere software is a vSphere client plug-in that provides end-to-end virtual machine lifecycle management for VMware virtual server and desktop environments running on NetApp storage. The plug-in enables you to perform the following tasks:
- Storage configuration and monitoring using the Monitoring and Host Configuration capability
- Datastore provisioning and virtual machine cloning using the Provisioning and Cloning capability
- Online alignment and migration of virtual machines on NetApp and other storage into optimized datastores on NetApp storage using the Optimization and Migration capability
- Backup and recovery of virtual machines and datastores using the Backup and Recovery capability
- OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft
OnCommand Plug-in for Microsoft is a tool that you can use to configure, monitor, and maintain your storage. The plug-in includes management packs for Microsoft System Center 2012, PowerShell cmdlets, and Orchestrator integration packs (OIPs). With PowerShell cmdlets, you can perform a variety of tasks, including rapid provisioning, cloning, and disaster recovery for Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machines. You can also perform these actions by building workflows using activities from the OIP.
- Open System SnapVault
- Exports Snapshot copies to another N series system, providing an incremental block-level backup solution
- Enables cost-effective, long-term retention of rapidly restorable disk-based backups
- Snap Creator Framework
Snap Creator Framework is a backup and recovery software solution that enables you to integrate IBM Snapshot™ technology with any application that is not supported by SnapManager® products. Snap Creator can support any application on the IBM N series storage system by using plug-ins, which enable application integration. Snap Creator also provides standard backup and restore workflows that can be applied to any application on the IBM storage system. Currently, there are eleven supported application plug-ins available for:
- VMware® (vSphere™ and vCloud™ Director)
- Sybase® ASE
- Lotus® Domino® (Domino)
- Red Hat® KVM
- Citrix® Xen®
- SnapManager for Microsoft® SQL Server®
- SnapManager for Microsoft Exchange
- Host Utilities - utilities is required for host servers attached to N series storage systems via SAN protocols (FCP, iSCSI, and FCoE).
The AIX Host Utilities provide the software components you need to configure an AIX host to access LUNs on a IBM storage system using using either the FC or FCoE protocol. The Host Utilities support native AIX and PowerVM environments.
The HP-UX Host Utilities enables you to configure an HP-UX host to access LUNs on a IBM storage system.
Linux Host Utilities enable you to configure a Red Hat® Enterprise Linux host, SUSE® Linux Enterprise Server, or Oracle® Linux host to access logical unit numbers (LUNs) on a IBM storage system. Linux Host Utilities also support Veritas Storage Foundation™.
The Solaris Host Utilities provide software components you need to configure a Solaris host to access LUNs on a IBM storage system using the Fibre Channel (FC), Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE), or iSCSI protocol. The Host Utilities provide support for both direct-attached and fabric-attached configurations. For multipathing, you can use either the Solaris Sun StorageTek Traffic Manager (MPxIO) or Veritas Dynamic Multipathing (DMP).
Windows® Host Utilities contains the software components you need to configure a Microsoft® Windows Server system to access virtual disks (LUNs) on a IBM storage system using the Fibre Channel, Fibre Channel over Ethernet, or iSCSI protocol.
ESX Host Utilities contains the software components you need to retrieve important information about the storage systems and VMware® ESX servers (hosts) in your network. The individual system components of the IBM SAN environment are one or more servers running VMware ESX and one or more attached IBM storage systems running Data ONTAP® software.
Storage product guide
Browse the product guide comparing all of IBM System Storage products