- Shrink primary network-attached storage (NAS) data in real time, without performance degradation
- Deploy and administer quickly and easily
- Support 10 GbE and 1 GbE NAS ports for maximum flexibility
- Leverage automated failover option for high-availability environments
IBM® Real-time Compression™ Appliance shrinks primary, online NAS data in real time, without performance degradation. By significantly reducing storage requirements, users can keep up to five times more information online, use the improved efficiency to reduce storage costs, or achieve a combination of greater capacity and reduced costs. Unlike other approaches to compression, IBM Real-time Compression is designed to be used with active primary data, which dramatically expands the range of candidate data that can benefit from compression. As its name implies, IBM Real-time Compression operates immediately as data is written to disk so no space is wasted storing uncompressed data awaiting post-processing. IBM Real-time Compression can also help deliver improved user response times and overall throughput because applications spend less time waiting for disk requests.
The IBM Real-time Compression Appliance STN7800 increases the effective capacity of the existing storage infrastructure to help users meet the demands of rapid data growth while also enhancing storage performance and utilization. The IBM Real-time Compression Appliance applies patented IBM real-time data compression techniques to primary and existing storage, delivering optimization and savings throughout the entire storage lifecycle. The result is unprecedented cost savings and return on investment, along with operational and environmental efficiencies.
IBM Real-time Compression Appliance STN7800
- Enterprise ready: IBM Real-time Compression Appliance STN7800 supports multiple 10 GbE and 1 GbE connections for high throughput environments.
- Complete transparency: IBM STN7800 sits between NAS systems using UNIX NFS and Microsoft Windows CIFS protocols and the network switches, for completely transparent operations. No user changes are required.
- Simplicity: IBM STN7800 requires no software drivers and no changes to server, application, or storage configurations.
- High availability: IBM STN7800 includes redundant and hot-swap components and is typically deployed in pairs for nondisruptive failover.
Browse System Storage
Smarter Storage is cloud ready
Introducing IBM SmartCloud™ Storage Access
IBM Real-time Compression Appliance TCO Calculator
Find out the potential total cost of ownership savings and business value from implementing an IBM RtCA data compression solution
Fair Market Value Leasing
A Fair Market Value lease can shrink your growing costs