- Increase usable capacity per rack typically to one petabyte or more with IBM® Real-time Compression™,1 greatly reducing effective cost per capacity
- Meet SLAs with consistent, tuning-free high performance and grid architecture-based linear scaling
- Slash storage administration time with world-class simplicity and hyper-scale management of up to 144 frames
- Maintain business continuity with three-site mirroring, full redundancy, self-healing and fast rebuild speed
- Deploy on/off-premises disaster recovery and other solutions in a unified management environment built with IBM Spectrum Accelerate™
IBM XIV® Storage System is a high-end data storage system built to deliver out-of-the-box performance predictability, high resiliency and management simplicity while offering exceptional data economics, including savings through powerful real-time compression.
IBM® XIV® delivers dramatic cost savings using field-proven, inline IBM Real-time Compression™ and without need for extra hardware:
- Brings IBM Random Access Compression Engine (RACE) technology to the system software and leverages the XIV grid architecture to scale performance and simplify compression management
- Increases usable capacity per rack typically to one petabyte or more with Real-time Compression, greatly reducing effective cost per capacity1
- Replicates compressed data faster and using less bandwidth, freeing up bandwidth for other uses
- Continuously displays predicted or actual compression ratios for all volumes
- Converts non-compressed volumes to compressed nondisruptively
- Enables license acquisition on new XIV systems and by software upgrade to existing XIV Gen3 systems
XIV now also supports Microsoft Azure Site Recovery, enabling orchestration of XIV replication and disaster recovery in Microsoft Hyper-V environments, in concert with Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager.
1Based on using a 15-module system with 6 TB disk drives.