XIV Storage helps unleash cloud power for enterprises and service providers with its inherent simplicity, resiliency and predictability combined with VMware vCloud integration, multi-tenancy, as well as business continuity and management features:
- Three-site mirroring, featuring three concurrent copies of data, delivers world-class high availability and disaster recovery, enabling organizations to comply with business, government and industry-driven requirements and regulations.
- XIV multi-tenancy brings flexibility and simplicity to management of tenant data and storage resources across multiple XIV systems, with secure division and isolation of XIV resources among numerous tenants.
- VMware vCloud Suite integration empowers service providers with XIV simplicity, flexibility, and efficiency in VMware cloud management environments (VMware vCloud includes VMware vCenter Orchestrator [VCO], VMware vCenter Operations Manager [VCOPS] and VMware vCloud Automation Center [vCAC]).
- Ultra-intuitive reports on capacity growth, utilization and trends empower administrators to understand and act upon storage needs quickly.
- Mobile device notifications provide storage managers with real-time updates anytime and anywhere, enabling them to react rapidly to potential storage issues.
- Deliver consistent, tuning-free high performance and ease of use via a grid-based architecture
- Scale cloud storage capacity and performance linearly and manage up to 144 frames using IBM Hyper-Scale
- Enable elasticity, open-standards support and mixed-workload affinity for optimized compute clouds and virtualized environments
- Offer business continuity with three-site mirroring, full redundancy, self-healing and unprecedented rebuild speed
- Provide compelling data economics through superb price-performance, power and footprint efficiencies, all-inclusive software licensing, and flexible acquisition options ideal for service providers
As the planet becomes more instrumented, interconnected and intelligent, your business faces the challenge of managing huge quantities of data and extracting the most value from it—efficiently and flexibly—while meeting the needs of customers, partners and employees. Having the right storage infrastructure matters; it is crucial to the survival and growth of enterprises and service providers, especially those laying foundations for cloud.
IBM® XIV® Storage System is high-end flash-optimized data storage built to deliver out-of-the-box simplicity, resiliency and predictability that are ideal for cloud and big-data analytics environments. Designed to simplify storage, XIV Storage System is enabling thousands of organizations to take control of their storage and gain business insights from their data. XIV storage is deployed in diverse industries worldwide, including financial, healthcare, telecommunications, managed services, energy and manufacturing. It integrates easily with virtualization, email, database, analytics, data protection and other solutions from leading providers such as VMware, Microsoft, SAP, Oracle Solaris, SAS and Symantec.