IBM helps unleash the power of enterprise clouds securely and efficiently with XIV storage and its leading combination of high performance, low total cost of ownership (TCO) and easy scaling:
- Secure your data with industry-standard data-at-rest encryption with no performance impact
- AES 256-bit keys; Trusted Computing Group (TCG) storage specification-compliant
- Nondisruptive, hot-encryption of your volumes in minutes
- Separate, centralized and simplified key management by Tivoli Key Lifecycle Manager
- Optimize your cloud with XIV open standards and integration support including OpenStack, XIV RESTful API, IBM SmartCloud® Storage Access and the new IBM Storage Integration Server
- Extend productivity and data protection using IBM Hyper-Scale Consistency to coordinate concurrently consistent snapshots across multiple XIV systems
- Benefit from a superb Microsoft Exchange end-user experience as demonstrated by top XIV performance results in the Exchange Solution Reviewed Program (ESRP) results for Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Maximize your investment through new 800 GB flash cache (optional) with XIV 4 TB-based systems, providing a high cache-to-disk ratio to keep performance levels high—tuning-free, as always—while reaping the cost benefits of high density. Further improve your data economics by using space reclamation support for VMware ESXi 5.5 and Windows 2012 R2 or by quick-starting synchronous mirroring through new offline initialization to cost-effectively meet service levels.
- Deliver consistent, tuning-free, high performance and remarkable ease of use via a grid-based architecture
- Provide linear scaling up to 325 TB per array and IBM Hyper-Scale for extreme operational agility over multiple systems
- Enable elasticity, open-standards support and mixed-workload affinity for optimized compute clouds and virtualized environments
- Offer high reliability and availability via full redundancy, self healing and unprecedented rebuild speed
- Provide compelling data economics through superb price-performance, low-touch and simplified management, footprint density, power efficiency and all-inclusive software licensing
As the planet becomes more instrumented, interconnected and intelligent, your business faces the challenge of managing huge quantities of data and extracting the most value from it—efficiently and flexibly—while meeting the needs of employees, partners and customers. Having the right storage is fundamental to survival and growth.
IBM® XIV® Storage System is high-end disk storage that supports the need for high performance, availability, operational flexibility and security while helping minimize costs and complexity. Built optimized to simplify storage, XIV Storage System is enabling thousands of organizations to take control of their storage and gain business insights from their data. Designed for consistent, enterprise-level performance and five-nines availability, XIV storage handles static and dynamic workloads with ease. Never compromising performance for reliability, the XIV grid architecture delivers massive parallelism—resulting in uniform allocation of system resources at all times. XIV storage secures your data through industry-standard data-at-rest encryption while keeping performance uninterrupted—with separate key management support by IBM Tivoli® Key Lifecycle Manager.