- Customize your storage system with flexible software and hardware options
- Optimize performance with flash storage and automated tiering
- Complement on-premises storage of all types with hybrid cloud capability
- Store up to five times more data on your existing storage with IBM compression technology1
- Consolidate and provide IBM® Storwize® V5000 capabilities to existing storage infrastructures using optional external virtualization
- Simplify management with an industry-leading graphical user interface
- Scale capacity quickly and easily into the petabyte range with new high-density enclosures
- Improve network utilization for remote mirroring with innovative replication technology
- Implement configurations for high availability and data mobility
The enterprise data storage marketplace is changing at a rapid pace. Organizations of all sizes are experiencing new business and IT operational challenges. Businesses now need greater data collaboration, agility and cost efficiency to stay ahead of the competition. Today, data is more important than ever for making highly informed decisions in real time.
To enter the new era of business, organizations need robust storage solutions such as IBM Storwize V5000 to provide comprehensive storage services, extraordinary scale and simplified management with all-flash or hybrid-flash options—all designed to support key business initiatives. Utilizing IBM Spectrum Virtualize™ software at its core, Storwize V5000 is designed to optimize performance, providing virtualization capabilities and greater flexibility. It includes built-in functions such as IBM Real-time Compression™ and IBM Easy Tier® technology to deliver extraordinary levels of efficiency and high performance. Three Storwize V5000 hybrid models—IBM Storwize V5030, IBM Storwize V5020 and IBM Storwize V5010—provide the flexibility to start small and keep growing while leveraging existing storage investments.
And, to enable organizations with midsized workloads achieve superior performance, IBM Storwize V5030F provides an all-flash solution at an affordable price.
1 IBM lab measurements – April 2012.
† IBM lab measurements – April 2012.