- Customize your storage system with flexible software and hardware options
- Optimize performance with flash storage and automated tiering
- Store up to five times more data on your existing storage with IBM compression technology1
- Consolidate and provide IBM Storwize® V5000 capabilities to existing storage infrastructures using optional external virtualization
- Implement configurations for high availability and data mobility
- Simplify management with an industry-leading graphical user interface
The enterprise data storage marketplace is changing at a rapid pace. Organizations of all sizes are experiencing new business and IT operational challenges. Businesses now need greater data collaboration, agility and cost efficiency to stay ahead of the competition. Today, data is more important than ever for making highly informed decisions in real time.
To enter the new era of business, organizations need robust storage solutions such as IBM Storwize V5000 to provide comprehensive storage services, extraordinary scale and simplified management with all-flash or hybrid-flash options—all designed to support key business initiatives. Utilizing IBM Spectrum Virtualize™ software at its core, Storwize V5000 is designed to optimize performance, providing virtualization capabilities and greater flexibility. It includes built-in functions such as IBM Real-time Compression™ and IBM Easy Tier® technology to deliver extraordinary levels of efficiency and high performance. Storwize solutions achieve up to 5:1 data compression ratios, require less storage administration, and can provide up to three times more performance with only five percent flash storage.1
Three Storwize V5000 hybrid models—IBM Storwize V5030, IBM Storwize V5020 and IBM Storwize V5010—provide the flexibility to start small and keep growing while leveraging existing storage investments.
And, to enable organizations with midsized workloads achieve superior performance, IBM Storwize V5030F provides an all-flash solution at an affordable price.
- Provisioning support for business applications that need to grow dynamically, but consume only the storage space they are actually using
- Automatic migration of frequently accessed data across storage tiers, including high-performance flash storage
- Store up to five times as much active data in the same physical space with IBM Real-time Compression
- Support for near-instant data copies for backup or application testing
- Clustered systems to support growing business needs while controlling costs
- Encryption capability helps provide advanced protection for internal and virtualized storage
- Deploy configurations to provide high availability and data mobility between data centers up to 300 km (186 miles) apart
- 2U rack-mountable chassis
- 1 Gb iSCSI, 12 Gb SAS and 16 Gb Fibre Channel or 10 Gb iSCSI/Fibre Channel over Ethernet host ports
- Maximum disk drives:
- Small form-factor enclosure: 24 x 2.5-inch drives
- Large form-factor enclosure: 12 x 3.5-inch drives
- Up to 504 drives per system and up to 1,008 drives with two-way clustered systems
- Up to 2 PB per system and 4 PB with two-way clustered systems
- Supports RAID levels 0, 1, 5, 6 and 10 and distributed RAID
- 32 GB cache standard (64 GB cache optional); 128 GB with two-way clustered systems
- Redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and fans
- AC power (100 – 240 V) and DC power (-48 – -60 V)
- Available with either one-year or three-year warranty
1 IBM lab measurements – April 2012.
† IBM lab measurements – April 2012.