- Gain fast, highly available, dense storage capabilities at an affordable price
- Deliver simplified data protection management and automated recovery with Dynamic Disk Pooling (DDP)
- Improve backup and restore capabilities with enhanced IBM® FlashCopy® technology
- Achieve solid uptime, massive scalability and green efficiencies
- Help optimize the flow of large, file-based data while retaining simple data access
- Leverage multi-level data protection using a mix of replication features
- Ensure data integrity with support for the T10 Protection Information (T10-PI) standard
- Leverage management expertise built into intuitive and powerful storage management software
- Help optimize the flow and management of large, file-based data while retaining simple data access when combined with IBM Spectrum Scale
- Achieve superior serviceability and easy installation with front-load, 12-drive drawers that can be extended while the drives remain active, allowing for individual drive replacement without affecting the operation of other drives
- Utilize multi-level data protection with IBM Enhanced FlashCopy, Volume Copy and optional disaster-recovery features across Fibre Channel or IP networks
- Save energy costs today and tomorrow by deploying a high-density enclosure, power supplies designed with multiple efficiency standards and variable-speed fans
- Reduce overall operation and acquisition costs with mixed host interfaces that support IBM DB2 Administration Server and storage area network tiering
- Support low-power, highly reliable and high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs)
The era of big data is here, driven by the need for more data and faster data access. Low-latency performance in applications such as real-time business analytics, life sciences research, rich-media entertainment, weather forecasting, social media feeds and stock market transactions require high-performance storage architectures. In addition, today’s organizations need ways to improve operational efficiency while maintaining the same data center footprint, quality of service and high availability.
The IBM System Storage® DCS3700 storage system is ready to meet the challenge. Designed for applications with high-performance streaming data requirements, the DCS3700 system offers optimal space utilization, low power consumption and high performance. By combining proven IBM storage controllers with up to 60 drives in just 4U of rack space, the DCS3700 system can reduce operational costs for capacity-intensive applications. The DCS3700 storage system can act as a cost-effective, fully integrated complement to IBM Power Systems™ servers for a wide variety of intensive computing environments.