IBM Flex System
Custom-build infrastructure to your requirements
You need an infrastructure solution that goes beyond blade servers with a flexible architecture to support your business needs today, but also designed to support multiple generations of future technologies. You need simple, integrated management to keep operational costs down, but you also want a no-compromise design with long-term investment protection.
Starting with an innovative chassis designed for new levels of simplicity, reliability, and upgradability, IBM Flex System can help you go beyond blade servers. With a broad range of x86 and IBM POWER compute nodes, the Flex System V7000 storage node, enhanced networking capabilities and sophisticated system management capabilities, you can upgrade your existing blade server infrastructure and make your IT simpler, more flexible, more open, and more efficient.
Browse IBM Flex System elements
Whether you need to migrate an existing blade server infrastructure to simplify management and improve performance and flexibility, or implement new workloads, IBM Flex System can meet your needs.
Spotlight on IBM Flex System
Dare to compare
Find out how Cisco’s UCS compares to IBM Flex System.
Dare to compare
Why IBM Flex System is the best blade solution on the market.
IBM Flex System x240 delivers virtualization performance over the competition.
IBM Flex System
IBM Flex System Manager for Android, Blackberry and iOS.
Go beyond blade servers with IBM Flex System
Compute nodes that go beyond blade servers
Networking capabilities designed for virtualization and cloud
- Flex System Fabric, designed to help simplify connectivity of your LAN and SAN infrastructure
- Ethernet options to fit into your current infrastructure while supporting next generation capabilities - up to 200 percent more networking bandwidth than HP3
- Fibre Channel switches ranging from low-cost 8Gb solutions to highly scalable 16Gb switches for maximum performance
- InfiniBand switches and adapters to support the bandwidth and latency requirements for high performance computing and financial trading environments
Storage capabilities optimized for efficiency and performance
- Up to 300 percent more dedicated storage for compute nodes compared to Dell2
- Real-time Compression on the Flex System v7000 reduces capacity needs and IBM Easy Tier automatically optimizes data on the tiered storage in the node
The community speaks
"Citrix XenDesktop on IBM Flex Systems allows customers to rapidly deploy proven market leading desktop virtualization solutions and go from concept to implementation with increased speed and flexibility."
- Krishna Subramanian, VP Marketing & Business Development, Citrix
There are many more voices describing the benefits of IBM PureFlex System and IBM Flex System.
"VMware and IBM have worked closely together to develop an end-to-end virtual desktop solution for branch offices that can greatly simplify desktop deployment and management and can reduce the IT footprint at remote sites. This validated offering is built on the foundation of IBM's new Flex System running the VMware Branch Office Desktop solution, and can take the guesswork out of implementing a virtual desktop infrastructure."
- Mason Uyeda, Director, End User Computing Technical and Solution Marketing, VMware