Power is server virtualization without limits. Businesses are turning to PowerVM server virtualization to consolidate multiple workloads onto fewer systems, increasing server utilization and reducing cost. PowerVM provides a secure and scalable server virtualization environment for AIX, IBM i and Linux applications built upon the advanced RAS features and leading performance of the Power Systems platform.
- Deliver services with superior economics by consolidating virtualized workloads
- Deliver services built for the cloud faster by automating deployment of virtual machines (VMs) and storage
- Optimize utilization of server and storage resources to control cost and boost return on investment (ROI)
- Scale out or scale up your virtualized deployments without paying underlying performance penalties
- Eliminate scheduled downtime by deploying live mobility between servers
- Deliver higher quality services by improving virtual resource management
IBM® PowerVM® provides the industrial-strength virtualization solution for IBM Power Systems™ servers and blades that run IBM AIX®, IBM i and Linux workloads. Based on more than a decade of evolution and innovation, PowerVM represents the state of the art in enterprise virtualization and is broadly deployed in production environments worldwide by most Power Systems owners.
The Power Systems family of scale-out and scale-up servers includes proven1 workload consolidation platforms that help clients control costs while improving overall performance, availability and energy efficiency. With these servers and PowerVM virtualization solutions, an organization can consolidate large numbers of applications and servers, fully virtualize its system resources, and provide a more flexible, dynamic IT infrastructure. In other words, Power Systems with PowerVM deliver the benefits of virtualization without limits.
PowerVM also offers a secure and resilient virtualization environment, built on the advanced RAS (reliability, availability and serviceability) features, extreme scalability and leadership performance2 of the Power Systems platform, based on the outstanding Power processors.
A customer comparison of systems including IBM PowerVM
Secure virtualized workloads
Find out how the solution you chose can make a difference.
Innovation for the 3rd platform
Virtualization, multi-tenancy, and cloud demands
1 PowerVM Case Studies: ibm.com/systems/power/success/index.html
2 Power Systems benchmark results: ibm.com/systems/power/hardware/benchmarks/index.html
Contact an IBM Sales Specialist
Browse Power Systems
PowerVM partner solutions
Ready for IBM Power Systems software?