- Reduce costs with more efficient virtualization of Linux workloads
- Automated deployment of virtual machines (VMs) and storage
- Dynamically optimize utilization of server and storage resources to control cost and boost return on investment (ROI)
- Flexibly scale your virtualized deployments without impacting performance and throughput
- Eliminate scheduled downtime by deploying live application mobility between servers
- Deliver higher quality services by optimizing virtual resource management and eliminating security vulnerabilities
IBM® PowerVM®, Linux Edition™ provides the industrial-strength virtualization solution for IBM Linux only servers. Based on more than a decade of evolution and innovation, PowerVM represents the state of the art in enterprise virtualization and is broadly deployed in production environments worldwide by most Power Systems owners.
The IBM family of Linux only servers is optimized for scale-out Linux computing, maximizing flexibility and reliability when compared to traditional Linux servers. With these servers and PowerVM virtualization, an organization can more efficiently virtualize all server resources and reduce server sprawl by driving higher utilization per core and more throughput per server. This efficiency results in significantly reduced costs, with improved service levels and security.
PowerVM also offers a reliable and resilient virtualization environment, built on the advanced RAS (reliability, availability and serviceability) features, extreme scalability and leadership performance1 of the IBM Power Systems™ platform, based on the outstanding IBM Power® processors.
Increases ordering system throughput 2.5 times with Linux on Power.
1Power Systems benchmark results: ibm.com/systems/power/hardware/benchmarks/index.html (PDF, 2,43 MB)