- Deliver services with superior economics by more efficient virtualization of Linux workloads
- Deliver services faster by automating deployment of virtual machines and storage
- Dynamically optimize utilization of server and storage resources to control cost and boost ROI
- Flexibly scale your virtualized deployments without impacting performance and throughput
- Eliminate scheduled downtime by deploying live application mobility between servers
- Deliver higher quality services by optimizing virtual resource management and eliminating security vulnerabilities
Complexity can work its way into any IT infrastructure, driven by the rollout of new applications and unanticipated change. However, adding servers in response to each demand for new workloads drives the need for more datacenter space, power, cooling, network cabling, data storage and administrative resources. Such complexity leads to inefficiency. The answer is virtualization, which allows organizations to combine multiple potentially disparate workloads on a single platform.
IBM PowerVM® for IBM PowerLinux™ provides the industrial-strength virtualization solution for IBM PowerLinux servers. Based on more than a decade of evolution and innovation, PowerVM represents the state of the art in enterprise virtualization and is broadly deployed in production environments worldwide by most Power Systems owners.
The IBM PowerLinux family of servers is optimized for scale-out Linux computing, maximizing flexibility and reliability when compared to traditional Linux servers. With these servers and IBM PowerVM virtualization, an organization can more efficiently virtualize all server resources and reduce server sprawl by driving higher utilization per core and more throughput per server. This efficiency results in significantly reduced costs, with improved service levels and security.
PowerVM also offers a reliable and resilient virtualization environment, built on the advanced RAS (reliability, availability and serviceability) features, extreme scalability and leadership performance1 of the IBM Power Systems platform, based on the outstanding POWER7® processors. In addition, IBM PowerLinux servers with PowerVM offer midsize businesses a cloud-ready infrastructure that combines the flexibility of virtualization without limits and Linux economics.
Edison Group - PowerVM delivers up to 525% better performance
Lower costs, less risk, higher densities and quality with PowerVM
1 Power Systems benchmark results: ibm.com/systems/power/hardware/benchmarks/index.html