IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT) is a no-charge offering that is designed to help clients track their usage of IBM Processor Value Unit (PVU) and processor core based software. It is intended to help clients manage compliance with their software licensing terms. Clients are responsible for supplying hardware and installation services required for installing the tool.
AIX Express Edition
Clients running AIX® Express Edition on a medium or high tier server (Power® 560 and above) are required to download, install, and use the IBM License Metric Tool. The IBM License Metric Tool is designed to assist clients to comply with the AIX Express Edition license requirements restricting the amount of processor capacity in cores available to run AIX Express Edition in virtual machines.
ILMT is designed to simplify license management by helping clients:
How to order ILMT:
ILMT is available for no-charge to any active Passport Advantage (PA) or Passport Advantage Express (PAE) client. Place a no-charge order via PA or PAE for ILMT to establish your license entitlement record using part number D561HLL. Once the order is fulfilled, download ILMT using the standard processes.
ILMT's product code of 5724-T40 ties to the following orderable part numbers:
As an alternative to downloading, PA/PAE clients may choose to order the physical media pack for a nominal charge.
To learn more about the IBM License Metric Tool please contact your IBM marketing representative or IBM Business Partner.
- IBM License Metric Tool
- Managing Licenses for IBM Software on IBM Power Systems in a Virtual World, An introduction to the IBM License Metric Tool
- Frequently asked questions
- AIX customers using ILMT frequently asked questions
- IBM License Metric Tool Information Center
- Installing IBM License Metric Tool
- Planning, Installation, and Configuration Guide (PDF, 1.30MB)
- IBM Passport Advantage Sub-Capacity Licensing
- Passport Advantage IBM License Metric Tool Information