IBM WebSphere® Application Server is the leading open standards-based application foundation offering accelerated delivery of innovative applications and unmatched operational efficiency, reliability, administration, security, and control.
With IBM WebSphere Application Server, you can build business-critical enterprise applications and solutions and combine them with innovative new functions. The WebSphere Application Server family includes and supports a range of products that helps you develop and serve your business applications. These products make it easier for clients to build, deploy, and manage dynamic websites and other more complex solutions productively and effectively.
April 24, 2017
The WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Application Server for Developers, WebSphere Application Server - Express, and WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V22.214.171.124 Group PTFs are now available. Please see the V7.0 Release Notes, which have been updated for V126.96.36.199 for information about known problems and their work arounds.
February 20, 2017
The WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Application Server for Developers, WebSphere Application Server - Express, and WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V188.8.131.52 Group PTFs are now available. Please see the V8.0 Release Notes, which have been updated for V184.108.40.206 for information about known problems and their work arounds.
December 23rd, 2017
The WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Application Server for Developers, WebSphere Application Server - Express, WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V220.127.116.11 and WebSphere Application Server Liberty WEBENAB V18.104.22.168 Group PTFs are now available. Please see the V8.5.5 Release Notes, which have been updated for V22.214.171.124 for information about known problems and their work arounds.
June 8, 2016
IBM WebSphere Application Server V9.0 delivers the next-generation application infrastructure for modern applications to support seamless portability across hybrid cloud landscapes.
- Web based - Application servers naturally support web based applications providing the services and tools for generation of web user interfaces, they support all of the web related protocols and infrastructure, and they support all of the web programming models.
- Workload characteristics - Application servers address the different workload characteristics of business applications by providing a variety of resource management capabilities such as resource pooling, caching, and clustering.
- Integration of data and programs - Application servers provide a number of capabilities to address integration issues by providing relational database access. You can access data at the database table, row and column level by using the Java Database Connection (JDBC) interface which provides you with a standard, dynamic SQL based mechanism for data access. Application servers also typically allow you to deal with data that is distributed across multiple databases and multiple servers.
- New approaches to security - Application servers provide a number of capabilities for dealing with security issues; 1) a separate user management mechanism or user registry; 2) a mechanism that integrates the user registry with the operating system's user registry; and 3) mechanisms for integration with third party directory and authentication systems.
- Rapid development - Modern and productive development tools provide integrated development environments that include source code editing, compiling, debugging, etc. from a single rich graphical interface. Your application development is based on Java increasing productivity improvement that can range from 20% to over 100%. Web application servers foster component-oriented design which facilitates reuse and improvement over time.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server for IBM i: Provides an advanced, flexible runtime environment for applications and services. It is designed for medium-to-large businesses, it includes lightweight options for web application deployments.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment for IBM i: Provides an advanced, flexible runtime environment for large-scale deployments. It offers near-continuous availability for critical applications.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server Liberty Core for IBM i: A lightweight and dynamic application server based on the Liberty profile.
Want more product information?
Explore detailed information about this product, its uses and how it can help your business.
Social media links
Other WebSphere sites
Related web sites
Get insights and support
Related IBM i products
Call us at 1-866-872-3902 | Priority code: Power