- Does your program receive exception "No suitable driver found" when it tries to access an IBM i database?
You must you register the IBM Toolbox for Java JDBC driver with the DriverManager class. To register the driver add
to your program, or add
to the JDBC.drivers property.
Class.forName(new com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver()) does not register the JDBC driver on some JVMs. See Sun's JDBC FAQ for more details.
- Does your program receive "com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCException: [PWS0001] Function did not complete successfully" when it accesses an IBM i database file?
Make sure the latest IBM i database server PTFs are applied to the IBM i system. This message usually indicates an error in the database server.
- Does your program fail when it tries to execute a stored procedure using the Toolbox JDBC driver? Does your program receive "java.sql.SQLException: Descriptor index not valid"?
- Make sure the procedure exists on the IBM i.
- For the location of the procedure, make sure the schema name is used, not the library name.
- Make sure the procedure being called does not expect input parameters.