||3 to 4 days
IBM offers on-site education designed to get your performance analysts and system administrators up to speed quickly on best practices and usage of the iDoctor tools. One of our experts will visit your location for an education session using your data from your systems in order to provide the best possible usage scenarios applicable to your business.
Two education options are available but these can be customized on request.
The iDoctor Workshop Includes:
- An initial phone conference to understand current workload, concerns and environment
- Basic instruction on installation and use of the software tools to collect necessary data from your system
- 3-day onsite education covers Job Watcher and Collection Services Investigator
- Lab examples and analysis using the data captured from your system(s) (if available)
The Advanced iDoctor Workshop Includes:
- 4-day onsite education includes everything in the iDoctor Workshop.
- Also includes PEX Analyzer and any other applicable tools (Plan Cache Analyzer, etc.)
This is an intermediate to advanced, for IBM i Sysadmins, performance analysts, and application developers
Back to top
The student should have:
- Basic understanding of IBM i architecture and application concepts
- Basic understanding of IBM i Work Management concepts
- Basic understanding of IBM i performance tuning
- Familiarity with using either IBM i Performance Tools, Performance Data Investigator (PDI), or IBM iDoctor for IBM i.
Back to top
- Review iDoctor configuration and data collection parameters and make practices recommendations.
- Define, collect, and analyze the iDoctor for i tool's data.
- How Job Watcher analysis can eliminate the need for additional PEX analyses.
- How to use complex PEX analysis when problems cannot be solved using Job Watcher.
- Data collection options.
- What analysis path to choose for which kind of problem.
- Throughout the process - how to effectively use iDoctor for i capabilities.
- Run time analysis: optimizing resource usage.
- Wait time analysis: solving resource contention scenarios.
- Job Watcher or System Wide Job Watcher, which should be used when.
- Analysis examples: workload rates, slowdowns, and drilling down using Job Watcher analyses.
- Performance explorer: collection and analysis.
- What to use, why to use it, when to use it, and how much of it to collect.
Back to top