The IBM i iSCSI Solution Guide and associated work sheets provide the information you need to plan for and install an IBM BladeCenter® blade or System x® server that is attached to IBM i using an iSCSI network (iSCSI).
This guide contains the following information:
- iSCSI solution support matrices: See the capabilities that the solution provides, which IBM BladeCenter and System x server models and operating systems are supported, and much more.
- Concepts: Learn about how the solution works.
- Server installation road map and checklist: Required information to install a server that is integrated with IBM i.
- Server cloning road map and checklist: Required information to clone a Windows server that is integrated with IBM i.
- BladeCenter and System x configuration: See iSCSI configuration tasks for BladeCenter blade and System x servers.
- Additional topics: Other topics related to the iSCSI solution.
- IBM i iSCSI Solution Guide
- IBM i iSCSI Solution Work Sheet
- Get Adobe® Reader®
Note: This guide contains the latest installation information and overrides the installation tasks that are in the IBM i Information Center.
The IBM i iSCSI Solution Guide replaces the following information:
- iSCSI installation road map PDFs for i 7.1, i 6.1, and i 5.4
- iSCSI Initiator Hardware Configuration PDF
- iSCSI install read me first Web page
- BladeCenter and System x models supported with iSCSI Web page
- iSCSI target and iSCSI initiator tables that were formerly on the iSCSI solution (iSCSI) Web page
- Ethernet switches for iSCSI Web page
- Ordering channels for iSCSI Web page
- Various Web pages related to tape and optical device support
- Various Web pages related to migration
Back to top