Description of the PC5250 path changes made in V6R1..
- Known problems
- Operations Console support
What is the ODBC driver?
The IBM i Access ODBC driver provides SQL access to IBM i database files, using standard ODBC interfaces. Applications developed according to the ODBC specification can be used to access data from any database management system (DBMS) which provides an ODBC driver. This eliminates the need to code to multiple proprietary database interfaces. The IBM i Access ODBC driver conforms to the Microsoft ODBC 3.5 specification.
Refer to the following resources for details:
IBM i Access for Windows database sample program
ODBC topic in the IBM i InfoCenter
These are the enhancements that were added to the ODBC driver in the 7.1 release:
- Support for the IBM i XML data type
- Support for longer SQL schema names
- Connection property to configure the Concurrent Access Resolution
- Support for multi-row UPDATE, DELETE, and MERGE statements
.NET Data Provider
The IBM DB2 for i .NET provider (named IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries) allows Windows applications to use the Microsoft .NET Framework to access DB2 for i databases.
OLE DB support
- Are you looking for a way to get your programmers started in the world of client/server programming?
- Are you an RPG programmer that is migrating to PC development?
- Would you like record level access to your DB2 for i database from PC tools?
- Wouldn't it be nice if you could use a common language to access all types of data rather than calling special APIs for each?
- Do you wish you could have someone show you how to write ActiveX Data Object (ADO) code to get at IBM i server data and services?
- Would your business do better if you could spend time on solving customer problems instead of worrying about the complexities of client/server computing?
Our IBM i Access OLE DB Support is the answer
Our support consists of the following products and components.
- IBM i Access for Windows OLE DB Provider
- IBM i Access for Windows Toolkit
Description of each EDRS API