Known problem with Operations Console when upgrading to 7.1
When upgrading a 6.1 version of IBM i Access for Windows to 7.1, there is a known problem which causes the existing 6.1 Operations Console configurations to be lost. This problem only affects the Operations Console configurations which exist on 6.1 IBM i Access for Windows prior to the upgrade to 7.1.
This problem may be resolved by either of the following ways:
- Apply 6.1 service pack SI41053 or later. Then start Operations Console which performs a necessary migration. Then you may upgrade to 7.1 at any time.
- To manually save the Operations Console configuration before the upgrade, and manually restore them after the upgrade, please refer to IBM Software Technical Document Number 573417334 Recording and Re-Creating the Operations Console Configuration.
Known problem with Operations Console and Windows NT and Microsoft security update
If you use Windows NT with Operations Console with either of the following configurations:
then the installation of Microsoft security update Q823803 may prevent future connections and the creation or change of existing configurations. Microsoft has a hot fix available, hotfix KB823803, that may be installed to correct this issue. Contact Microsoft directly to obtain this hotfix. Refer to the Microsoft web site (link resides outside of ibm.com) for details.
Known problem with Operations Console and Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
A problem with Operations Console when using Service Pack 4 for Microsoft Windows 2000 is documented in APAR SE11182. Microsoft resolved this problem with a hotfix. It is documented in Microsoft knowledge base article 824301 (link resides outside of ibm.com). Contact Microsoft to obtain this fix.
Summary of IBM i Access for Windows - Operations Console support
|Windows 2000||Windows XP||Windows Vista||Windows 7|
|V5R3 (out of service)||LAN,Async||LAN,Async||(1)||(1)|
LAN - supports a LAN connection
Async - supports a local console directly attached to the system
(1) - This version of "IBM i Access for Windows" is not supported on this version of Windows.
(2) - Apply Service Level SI35607 or later.
(3) - Apply Service Level SI35856 or later.
Hardware Management Console (HMC) Links:
- Call IBM Support Line:
Inside the US