IBM i Access for Linux allows you to access the DB2 for i using its ODBC Driver and to establish a 5250 session to an IBM i from a Linux client.
- IBM i Access for Linux is available for both Intel and Power PC or an IBM i logical partition (LPAR) platforms.
- Supported platforms include 32-bit (i386 and PowerPC) and 64-bit (x86-64 and PowerPC).
- IBM i Access for Linux works with IBM i with V5R1 and later OS/400 and i5/OS.
- A toolkit in V5R4 includes header files for building custom applications.
- Extended Dynamic Remote SQL (EDRS) is available for all platforms.
- IBM i Access for Linux 5250 emulation includes support for Kerberos and Single Sign-On (SSO). Also, the 5250 emulation works with Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP) and Virtual Network Computing (VNC) via -STAND_ALONE command line option.