You have selected the IBM i for your business, and now you need to provide your end users, programmers, system administrators, and perhaps even some of your special customers or distributors access to many of the resources you have on your system. IBM i Access is the most recognized software brand in the world for IBM i customers. IBM i Access provides business users with a friendly environment of easy-to-use features to increase productivity, and at the same time reduce the need for support and training.
IBM i Access provides benefits such as:
- Products for Linux, Mac, and Windows as well as for browsers and mobile devices
- Use out of the box, no programming necessary
- Easy access to all IBM i applications and data anywhere in the network
- Middleware for desktop applications for accessing IBM i resources
- Designed for central administration and management
IBM i Access provides all the key functions you would expect:
- 5250 emulation to run your host applications
- Ability to easily work with:
- database information
- printer output
- Integrated File System data
- message queues, job queues
- You can be assured that the desktop-to-host communication is secure and can be deployed through your organization's existing network security, firewalls, and virtual private networks (VPNs). You can additionally use embedded Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to further encrypt your connections.
- IBM i Access adapts to the highest level of security set up on your system since it relies on IBM i user profile settings to determine what users may access
- IBM i Enterprise Identity Mapping (EIM) provides a way to map authenticated WebSphere user identities and Kerberos tickets to specific IBM i user profiles. Since IBM i Access supports these technologies, end users can enjoy the ease of providing a single identity to the network and not be burdened with repeated sign-on screens and multiple user names and passwords.
The entire focus of IBM i Access is to deliver the strengths and capabilities of IBM i to the desktop through easy-to-use screens and wizards.