IBM i Access Client Solutions provides a Java based platform-independent interface which runs on most operating systems that support Java including Linux, Mac and Windows. Features of IBM i Access Client Solutions include:
- A full featured 5250 display emulator based on IBM Rational Host-on-Demand. In addition to all the 5250 display features you are accustomed to when using IBM i Access for Windows, you may now switch your 5250 display emulator between languages without rebooting your workstation. In addition, you may have multiple concurrent sessions with different host code pages. This allows separate languages to be displayed within different emulator sessions. Printer emulation is also supported.
- A 5250 Session Manager modeled after IBM Personal Communications Session Manager which can be used for managing all of your 5250 emulator sessions
- Data Transfer which provides the ability to transfer data from/to your IBM i database to/from various file types on your workstation such as OpenDocument spreadsheet (*.ods), Excel Workbook (*.xlsx) and other file formats
- A Virtual Control Panel with a graphical interface to the IBM i operations panel
- 5250 emulation for HMC and LAN Consoles
- Consolidation for hardware management interface configurations including ASMI, IVM and HMC
- Launch capability to IBM Navigator for i using your default browser
Considerations for deploying:
- Requires Java 6 or higher to be preinstalled.
- Installing and updating IBM i Access Client Solutions is as simple as unpacking the zip archive.
- It may be deployed to a network shared drive providing a single location to update for all users.
- Determine the location where you want to install the product. This can be any location where the workstation (PC, Mac, etc) has read authority to access the files. This includes the local hard disk drive, a remote network (shared) drive or portable media such as a USB flash drive.
- Copy the zip archive to the desired location. Then, unpack the zip archive using any zip utility of your choice.