- IBM® PowerHA® V7.2 features cluster aware AIX® focused on integration and automation
- A new graphical user interface (with V7.2.1) enables at a glance monitoring of a cluster or a group of clusters
- Failover operations incorporate IBM Power® Enterprise Pools and Elastic Capacity on Demand (CoD)
- Non-disruptive cluster upgrades, automated live partition mobility and AIX live update support
- Cluster-wide verification checking for both AIX and PowerHA
- Quarantine technology that isolates intermittent or failing nodes
- Operator managed, manual failover policy for data center or multi-site linked cluster operations
The objective behind implementing a high availability solution is to provide near-continuous application availability through both planned and unplanned outages. Business-critical applications are configured into a cluster which is dedicated to keeping production continuously available. In addition to the day-to-day high availability operations, disaster recovery operations are increasingly becoming a standard part of the clustering environment. Once relegated to manual procedures, many industries and companies require periodic testing designed to prove disaster recovery capability. The IBM PowerHA enterprise edition cluster is designed to simplify operations both within the data center and across geographically dispersed locations.
PowerHA SystemMirror® Standard Edition and PowerHA SystemMirror Enterprise Edition with Cluster Aware AIX (CAA), are designed to provide robust HA/DR environments focused on ease of implementation and ease of use.