IBM SmartCloud Entry for Power Systems
IBM SmartCloud Entry for Power Systems is an entry level private cloud offering that is easy to deploy and simple to use. This solution works with existing Power Systems infrastructure, leveraging Power Systems enterprise security, availability and reliability for cloud without risk. IBM SmartCloud Entry for Power Systems increases efficiency through heterogeneous cloud management across both Power and x86 environments and enables data center managers to quickly deploy self-service provisioning of virtualized workloads. A simple, intuitive interface provides oversight while increasing IT efficiency and lowering administration costs. Key features include:
- Self-service portal for provisioning of services with an easy to use interface.
- Virtualized image management with a library for standardized images.
- Virtual image oversight with automated approval processing and provisioning.
- Basic usage metering to support a ‘pay-per-use’ business model (automated collection of resource usage metrics).
- Security through authentication and authorization.
- OpenStack API access for easy customization to help tailor to unique business environments.
Built upon IBM PowerVM virtualization and IBM PowerVC, SmartCloud Entry allows Power Systems clients to quickly transition to a cloud-based infrastructure and provides the benefits of a cloud delivery model by enabling:
- Fast time to value with a solution that is simple to deploy, easy to use and works with an existing, heterogeneous infrastructure.
- Quick response to changing business needs with accelerated infrastructure delivery and service deployment.
- Increased IT efficiency through workload standardization, automation and lower operational costs.
- Seamless scalability to support more workloads and meet demand with increased availability.
IBM SmartCloud Provisioning
IBM SmartCloud Provisioning combines infrastructure and platform management capabilities to deliver rapid provisioning, scalability and advanced image management for virtualized and cloud environments. Benefits include:
- Accelerated deployments across hybrid and public clouds through repeatable workload patterns.
- Advanced image lifecycle management to control VM sprawl and optimize virtualized environments for great efficiency.
- Rapid provisioning and high scalability to meet business growth with near-instant deployment of hundreds of virtual machines.
- Low-touch infrastructure designed to reduce manual errors, enhance security and compliance, and increase administrator productivity.
IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator
IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator provides an open and extensible cloud management platform for managing heterogeneous hybrid environments. The software integrates provisioning, metering, usage and accounting as well as monitoring and capacity management of cloud services. IBM SmartCloud Orchestrator provides the following features and benefits:
- Standardization and automation of cloud services through a flexible orchestration engine and a self-service portal.
- Reusable workload patterns to enable dynamic cloud service delivery.
- Built on open standards, including OpenStack, for unparalleled interoperability.
IBM SmartCloud Cost Management
IBM SmartCloud Cost Management provides visibility into the usage and cost of your infrastructure and other non-IT resources. The software helps you track and assess shared computing resource usage accurately, and better manage the cost of your cloud and IT services. IBM SmartCloud Cost Management provides the following features and benefits:
- Provides insight into virtualized and physical IT assets—discover who is utilizing shared resources and what is being used. This helps you quantify how departmental and project behavior contributes to overall IT total cost of ownership.
- Includes advanced analytics—uses IBM Cognos reporting and usage metering coverage for virtual and cloud computing resources, storage resources and network resources.
- Provides user visibility into the cost implications of services—helps bring down costs while delivering IT services more efficiently.
- Supports cloud showback and chargeback processes—provides an accurate metering and cost rating tool for tracking business processes against budgets.
- Integrates more secure cloud usage reporting with cloud provisioning and management products—allows users to better manage the infrastructure cost of cloud offerings.
IBM SmartCloud Monitoring
IBM® SmartCloud™ Monitoring optimizes workloads and provides visibility through health dashboards, thereby, increasing cloud availability. It intelligently optimizes use of current resources and more intelligently plans future growth. Key benefits include:
- Avoids outages with holistic visibility into the health of your cloud environment, including both virtual and hybrid environments.
- Lowers your data center cost by more efficient use of your resources.
- Minimizes risks associated with workload optimization by intelligently placing workloads.
PowerHA SystemMirror V7 represents the next generation of solutions for high availability and disaster recovery. This offering integrates core clustering technology into the kernel and the OS, enabling our customers to be more productive and deliver higher quality IT services while enjoying a more robust and easier-to-manage clustering environment.
Power is security and compliance. IBM PowerSC provides a security and compliance solution optimized for virtualized environments on Power Systems servers, running PowerVM and AIX. Security control and compliance are some of the key components needed to defend the virtualized data center and cloud infrastructure against ever evolving new threats. Highlights include:
- Simplify security management and compliance measurement
- Reduce administration costs of meeting compliance regulations
- Ensure virtualized environments meet same security levels as physical servers
- Improve the audit capabilities for virtualized systems
- Reduce time and skills required for preparation of security audits
- Improve detection of security exposures in virtualized environments