- Simplifies private cloud implementations with a pre-built and pre-installed solution of hardware, software, and implementation services
- Speeds deployment times and accuracy with automation and self-service
- Supports mission critical workloads with IBM® Power Systems™ leadership virtualization, security, elastic scalability, and enterprise quality of service
- Customizable configuration options provide flexibility and choice
- Virtual image management for both Power and x86 from single pane of glass
- Performance, availability, and efficiency of the POWER7® virtualization platform
Cloud computing is becoming recognized as an IT delivery model which can help improve IT asset utilization, flexibility and responsiveness while reducing complexity and lowering maintenance costs. However, many organizations are discovering that implementing cloud computing in their data centers can potentially bring management challenges and even complexities which can decrease the gains and benefits of the cloud. Interoperability, image management, workload performance, security and scalability are all issues which can impede the efficiency and costs saving potential of the cloud.
The IBM Power Systems Solution Edition for Cloud helps speed up and simplify the deployment of a private cloud with entry-level cloud software delivered on a pre-built and pre-installed Power Systems enterprise platform. The Solution Edition is easy to order, includes configurable hardware choices to address customer needs and preferences, and ensures successful deployment with IBM Lab Services implementation. Building on IBM PowerVM® virtualization and IBM Systems Director VMControl™ technology, the Solution Edition for Cloud provides cloud capabilities in an intuitive and easy to use interface so organizations can quickly benefit from automated deployment, image management, workload metering, and the self-service features of cloud.