The iSeries 890 server has been withdrawn from the market, effective October 1, 2005.
The learn more links provide information on the Model 890.
- Simple, centralized management of multiple operating environments helps reduce complexity and lower management costs
- Superior scalability capabilities with capacity on demand: turn it on when you need it, turn it off when you don't
- Integrated WebShere - Express for iSeries providing easy Web modernization
- Two Options Editions make obtaining the technology you need to compete and win simpler and more cost effective
- Simple Windows Integration helps reduce complexity and helps lower the cost of operations
As the largest and most powerful iSeries server, the Model 890 can support thousands of users and deliver top-end performance for Web, e-business and core 5250 OLTP applications: 16- to 32-Way POWER4® processors ranging from 20000 to 37400CPW, up to 256GB of memory and up to 144 TB of disk. With CUoD and multi-platform and application support, this server delivers maximum function and adaptability for e-business in an on demand world.
The Model 890 offers a choice of two Editions: standard or enterprise that provide outstanding flexibility to respond to changing business needs. The Standard Edition enables you to run 5250 OLTP applications that have been modernized with the WebFacing Tool of IBM WebSphere Development Studio for iSeries. The Enterprise Edition offers a broad range of enterprise-class tools to help you optimize and manage e-business, client server and 5250 OLTP applications.
- Multi-platform operating environment supports OS/400, Linux, WebSphere, Microsoft Windows and other e-business application environments on a single server for simplified management
- Native Linux in a logical partition
- World-class Windows integration solutions
- 5250 applications supported under either enhanced Web modernization support or Maximum 5250 CPW for 5250 interactive On-line Transaction Processing (OLTP) applications
- Industry leading dynamic logical partitioning for allocation of resources and easy administration
- 16-Way to 32-Way offerings provides flexible, on demand growth options as your needs grow
- Capacity Upgrade on Demand with temporary and permanent capabilities
- Choice of Web products including WebSphere Express - for iSeries or WebSphere Application Server Version 5
- Flexible Editions that deliver outstanding value and simplify ordering
- Eighth generation Industry leading 64-bit RISC IBM POWER4 microprocessor
- 16/24-Way and 24/32-Way SMP offerings
- 8GB to 256GB memory
- 1 to 2047 disk drives (17.5GB to 144TB)
- Sophisticated IOP - IOA Architecture/li>
- High performance PCI buses supporting 14 to 672 PCI-X slots
- High Speed Links to up to 47 HSL-attached expansion towers for additional I/O growth
- Windows supports
- Up to 48 Integrated xSeries Servers
- Up to 60 Integrated xSeries Adapters
- Hot plug disk, hot plug PCI-X and redundant power supply
- Integrated DVD-ROM or DVD-RAM