The IBM Capacity BackUp (CBU) is designed to enable a new Power server to act as a backup system in a high availability or disaster recovery environment. For CBU eligibility, the Machine Type, Model and Software Tier of your designated 'primary system', and also the Software Tier on your CBU order, is a determining factor for eligibility on your new CBU system. Before submitting the CBU registration/validation form below, an order must first be placed for an IBM server, which will generate an IBM Plant Order Number. This Plant Order Number will be required on the registration form below. The Plant Order Number must include a CBU Feature Code. If your 'primary system' is going to be a new box order or you are upgrading your current installed box, the IBM Plant Order Number will also be required for the CBU registration/validation form.
*For CBU eligibility*: The Software Tier of your primary machine must be equal to OR greater than the Software Tier of your CBU order.
This CBU registration process is primarily for i5/operating systems and requires that the CBU system configuration contains a primary OS FC 2145 or partition FC 0267 on the primary system and CBU system.
Prior to shipment of your CBU, you must complete the form below for registration/validation and accept the terms and conditions of the attached CBU agreement. Validation of this submission will authorize the shipment of your new CBU order.
To complete this CBU registration form you will need to obtain the following information from your IBM Representative or your IBM Business Partner who placed your new CBU order.
- Primary System: Must have FC 2145 or partition FC 0267. The System that the CBU will act as 'backup' in a high availability or disaster recovery environment (choose one of the options below):
- Current/Installed Existing System (system at customer location): Serial number (2 digit prefix and 5 alphanumeric serial number), Machine Type (4 numeric) Model (3 alphanumeric).
- New Box or Upgrade MES (system is not yet at customer location, new order being processed): IBM Plant Order # (6 alphanumeric), Machine Type (4 numeric) Model (3 alphanumeric).
- CBU System (Backup): Must have i5/operating system feature code 2145. IBM Plant Order Number (6 alphanumeric), Machine Type (4 numeric) Model (3 alphanumeric).
- IBM Customer Number associated with the CBU order
- Comments/Exceptions: If for any reason you are unable to match up the information on your order with the information requested or provided in this Web form registration, please use this field to enter any additional information that may help us determine eligibility.
Asterisks (*) indicate fields required to complete this transaction.