Built on the proven foundation of the IBM BladeCenter® family of products easy-to-use, integrated platforms with a high degree of deployment flexibility, energy efficiency, scalability and manageability—the IBM BladeCenter PS703 and PS704 Express are the premier blades for 64-bit applications. Minimize complexity, improve efficiency, automate processes, reduce energy consumption and scale easily: these are the benchmarks that matter on a smarter planet. The new POWER7® processor-based PS blades automatically optimize performance and capacity at either a system or virtual machine level and benefits from the new POWER7 processor, which contains innovative technologies that help maximize performance and optimizes energy efficiency. They represent one of the most flexible and cost-efficient solutions for UNIX®, i and Linux deployments available in the market. Further enhanced by its ability to be installed in the same chassis with other IBM BladeCenter blade servers, the PS blades can deliver the rapid return on investment that clients and businesses demand.
- Consolidate on IBM BladeCenter Power Blades and virtualize applications to better utilize resources and amplify the already-significant advantages of BladeCenter efficiencies
- Simplifies your deployment with flexible configurations that make it easy to implement the right system and the ability to run AIX®, IBM i, and Linux® operating systems simultaneously
- Realize innovation with a flexible, scalable architecture that lets you choose the right solution for your dynamic business and delivers the utmost in investment protection, performance growth, and time to value
- A secure, resilient infrastructure solution that helps drive cost down, reduces risk, improves energy efficiency and enhances flexibility
Simplify. Cut costs. Boost productivity. Go green. They're all priorities for IT, and they're all driving organizations to rethink their server strategies and become more receptive to new ways to use IT. Blades are the next-generation solution, promising improvements across the board. So toss your cables and take the leap. Migrate to the blade solution that uses less energy and gives more choices and control. You have nothing to lose but complexity. IBM BladeCenter is the right choice. Open. Easy. Green.
IBM i Edition Express for BladeCenter S
- i Edition Express for BladeCenter S offers an extremely attractive option for new and existing IBM System i™ customers to reduce IT costs and complexity by consolidating their IBM i and Windows® applications with an IBM BladeCenter solution.
Delivering POWER performance for AIX i, and Linux
- The BladeCenter PS704 is a 32-core, 2.4 GHz POWER7 processor-based blade
- The BladeCenter PS703 is a 16-core, 2.4 GHz POWER7 processor-based blade
- The BladeCenter PS702 is a 16-core, 3.0 GHz POWER7 processor-based blade
- The BladeCenter PS701 is a 8-core, 3.0 GHz POWER7 processor-based blade
- The BladeCenter PS700 is a 4-core, 3.0 GHz POWER7 processor-based blade
Supporting a variety of BladeCenter Chassis options
For AIX, i, and Linux environments:
- The BladeCenter S chassis has six blade bays for POWER7 and x86 processor-based blade servers and room for up to 12 disk drives.
- The BladeCenter H chassis has 14 blade bays for POWER7 and x86 blade servers.
For AIX and Linux environments:
- IBM BladeCenter E chassis has 14 blade bays for POWER7 and x86 blade servers.
- IBM BladeCenter HT chassis delivers ultimate durability supporting 12 POWER7 and x86 blade severs.
- IBM BladeCenter T chassis delivers rich telecommunication features supporting up to eight POWER7 and x86 blade servers.
Watson’s success in the Jeopardy! challenge is inspiring a new era of optimized systems design
Learn how the strengths of POWER7 Architecture can provide unique customer value
Browse Power Systems
Don't miss these IBM special offers.
Winn Dixie saves $5 million
The future of workload optimized systems is just beginning.
Solution providers and partners talk
Read quotes from the Power Systems community of solution providers, partners, and more.