Note: These instructions are intended for your organization's Site Technical Contact (STC). If you are an STC, please ensure you complete all steps below. If you are not an STC, please complete Step 1.
For direct customers and OEMs:
Step 1: Create your IBM ID
- Your IBM ID is your single point of access to many IBM web applications, including the IBM Support Portal.
- To register, go to ibm.com and click “IBM Sign In” in the upper right corner and then click the Register link. Use your email address as your IBM login.
- STC: Please ensure everyone in your organization with a need to access Support completes this registration.
Step 2: Set up your Service Request Tool Access
- STC: Follow the instructions to set up your Service Request Tool access. For assistance to complete the registration process, please see this video “How to register for Service Request”
Step 3: Set up the Service Request Tool access for others in your organization
- STC: Once individuals in your organization have registered for IBM web IDs and you have completed the steps in your Service Request Tool access email, you will be able to grant and approve access to the Service Request tool for others in your organization as the STC.
For non-OEM business partners:
As an IBM Business Partner, you can create and update service requests on behalf of your customer. The ability to do this requires two steps:
- You must be registered in IBM PartnerWorld. To register with PartnerWorld go to the PartnerWorld site and use the Join PartnerWorld link in the Membership section.
- IBM Service Request will check for your registration in IBM PartnerWorld. If the registration is not automatically detected, please use the Check IBM PartnerWorld for my registration link.
Once you are registered in IBM PartnerWorld and IBM Service Request has detected your registration, you can request a relationship with your customer. Once the customer approves that request, you will have access to manage service requests on their behalf.