The latest IBM Platform Computing product enhancements enable organizations to achieve better business results faster
New capabilities transform cloud, cluster and grid infrastructure to increase efficiency and accelerate time to innovation.
IBM Platform Computing products and services continue to evolve to meet the increasing demands that businesses and research organizations face. This includes the need for distributed computing environments that deliver higher quality results in less time, leveraging huge volumes of big data to achieve insight, and control of administrative and infrastructure costs to grow computing capability within IT budget constraints. To help businesses make the most effective use of their big data infrastructure, IBM Platform Computing announces a range of important innovations to its family of products and services, including Platform Symphony, Elastic Storage, and Platform Computing Cloud Service.
- IBM® Platform™ Symphony V7.1 product family delivers a new level of efficiency for big data and analytics workloads with 6X faster performance, 3X scalability, reduced bottlenecks, and improved resource sharing to achieve higher quality results faster while reducing infrastructure and management costs.
- The new IBM® Platform™ Application Service Controller for Platform Symphony further shortens time to results through optimization of long-running services. This new addition to the Platform Symphony product family increases performance via reduced application wait time, improved management efficiencies, and greater resiliency and availability for cloud-native frameworks such as Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, Cloudera Manager, and Hortonworks Apache Ambari.
- Elastic Storage Server on Power maximizes analytics, file serving and object storage with a fully-integrated data-centric server-based storage system and building block scaling to hundreds of petabytes and gigabytes per second throughput.
- IBM® Platform Computing™ Cloud Service delivers fully integrated and supported clusters optimized for technical computing, analytics and Hadoop workloads, and includes for the option of Aspera for high-speed data transfer between local and on-cloud resources. Elastic Storage on Cloud now provides maximum data security in the cloud with native encryption.
- IBM Cloud Manager with OpenStack V4.2 now comes bundled with Platform Resource Scheduler for improved OpenStack-based cloud service levels and resource utilization.