Here's how leading Australian organisations are using IBM Systems and Servers to do more with less. Learn how they have leveraged IBM technology to successfully meet their business needs in the dynamic business environment we face today.
AAS established a three-tiered architecture to sustain the 'aaspire' system. The resulting increase in server capacity and flexibility is facilitating the migration of existing workloads to aaspire and is enabling AAS to cost effectively accommodate old workloads and manage the growth in new workloads.
Reporting, analysis and control of stock is now based on accurate sales-forecasting data generated automatically by the SAP software. The extensibility and scalability of the SAP software and the IBM hardware has positioned Motion Industries Ltd for the next step in extending its information to both customers and suppliers.
IBM BladeCenter technology provides the City of Stirling with a cost-effective, robust infrastructure on a smaller footprint. The IBM blade servers with virtualisation technology make better use of server resources, speed up application deployment and save the City an estimated $1 million in power, hardware, software and maintenance costs over 5 years.
With the new IBM technology in place, Suncorp has a faster, more robust and efficient IT environment, which will allow the financial services group to better manage its technology and assist in the faster development of business applications.
The IBM BladeCenter blade technology has given Kalgoorlie Consolidated Gold Mines a more robust, stable, efficient and secure server environment. The new technology base is easier to manage and allows the mining company to deploy applications much faster. The combined virtualisation, blade server and disaster recovery capabilities have dramatically reduced system downtime.
- Consolidated from 90 servers down to 2 IBM System p5 servers
- Significantly reduced IT costs
- Increased overall utilisation rate to over 50%
- Found migration to be simple
- Consolidated from 8 Sun servers to 2 IBM System p5 servers
- Improved performance by 65% moving from Sun UNIX to IBM POWER4
- Increased performance by a further 35% after upgrading to POWER5™
- Estimated savings of AUD$7 million over 4 years
- Migrated easily and seamlessly
- Used one IBM p5-595 to do the work of 20 servers
- Experienced increased flexibility and better utilisation of assets
- Enjoyed a far better return on investment
- Access Capacity Upgrade on Demand for additional capacity as needed
- Consolidated 7 servers to 1 IBM System p server
- Decreased CPU's from 26 to 4 resulting in reduced software licensing charges
- Increased infrastructure flexibility to better support fluctuations in demand
- Improved SAP response times
- Reduced servers from 40 to 2
- Halved response times for SAP
- Reduced cost and complexity Found migration to be straightforward Uses Capacity Upgrade on Demand to boost business flexibility