- Simplify performance optimisation for random read workloads and reduce demand for high-performance disk drives
- Reduce latency and improve throughput and speed access to your data
- Preserve storage, power and space with solid state modules designed to consume less power disk drives
- Reduce operational costs by improving scalability and addressing performance effectively.
IT should be a source of business efficiency and productivity for your organisation. IT engineers rely on servers and storage systems to help support innovation and shorter product development cycles. Executives depend on IT to help meet aggressive goals for growth. IBM System Storage N series Performance Accelerator Module (PAM) was created to provide you with a new, cost-effective way to optimise performance.
Whether your IT task is order fulfillment planning or design simulation, time saved doing the task is time given back to the professionals waiting for results. Productivity can be increased by the performance of your servers and storage systems.
But you still need to be cost-effective. Higher levels of performance must be achieved without excessive use of data centre resources.
IBM System Storage N series PAM was created to provide you with a new way to optimise storage performance. The N series PAM solution has been designed to help you improve performance for workloads that are random read-intensive without increasing drive counts.
IBM System Storage N series with FlexScale
- Combination of hardware - PAM PCI Express card - and tunable caching software
- Used to improve performance for workloads that are random read intensive such as file services, messaging and Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) databases
- Reduce latency and improve input/output (I/O) throughput
- PAM modules available: 16GB of Random Access Memory (RAM) and 256GB/512GB of flash memory per PAM module
- Available for N5000, N6000 and N7000 series
- One software licence required per storage controller.
- The IBM System Storage N series PAM has been designed to help you improve performance for workloads that are random read-intensive without increasing drive counts
- This family of intelligent read caches makes possible latency decrease and I/O throughput improvements without adding more high-performance disk drives. Use the PAM family modules to improve performance for workloads that are random read concentrated such as file services, messaging and OLTP databases.