- Gain fast, highly available, dense storage capabilities at an affordable price
- Deliver simplified data protection management and automated recovery with consistent performance during disk drive failures with Dynamic Disk Pooling
- Achieve greater, faster copy services support with enhanced IBM® FlashCopy® features
- Combine solid uptime, massive scalability and green efficiencies
- Help optimise the flow and management of large, file-based data while retaining ease-of-data access
- Leverage multi-level data protection using a mix of replication features
- Improve performance and scalability with optional DCS3700 Performance Module
- Leverage management expertise built into intuitive and powerful storage management software
- Help optimise the flow and management of large, file-based data while retaining ease-of-data access when combined with best-in-class IBM General Parallel File System (IBM GPFS™)
- Achieve superior serviceability and easy installation with front-load, 12-drive drawers that can be extended while the drives remain active, allowing for individual drive replacement without affecting the operation of other drives
- Utilise multi-level data protection with IBM Enhanced FlashCopy®, Volume Copy and optional disaster recovery feature across Fibre Channel with DCS3700 base system and Fibre Channel or IP networks with DCS3700 with Performance Modules
- Implement energy-savings to save costs today and tomorrow through a high-density enclosure, power supplies designed with multiple efficiency standards, and variable-speed fans
- Reduce overall operation and acquisition costs with mixed host interfaces that support IBM DB2® Administration Server and storage area network tiering
- Support low-power, highly reliable and high-performance SSDs
The era of big data is here, driven by the need for more data and faster data access. Low-latency performance in applications such as real-time business analytics, life sciences, rich media, seismic processing, weather forecasting, communications and financial markets require high-performance storage architectures. In addition, these organisations are often looking for a better way to improve operational efficiency while maintaining the same data centre footprint, quality of service and high availability.
The IBM System Storage® DCS3700 storage system is ready to meet the challenge. Designed for applications with high-performance streaming data requirements, the DCS3700 offers optimal space utilisation, low power consumption and high performance. By combining proven IBM storage controllers with up to 60 drives in just 4U of rack space, the DCS3700 can reduce operational costs for capacity-intensive applications.
The DCS3700 provides a simple, efficient and flexible approach to storage that is based on seven generations of design knowledge and firmware development. The DCS3700 can act as a cost-effective, fully integrated complement to IBM System x® servers, IBM BladeCenter® and IBM Power Systems™ for a wide variety of intensive computing environments.