- Increase performance and reliability by providing proactive performance analysis and troubleshooting capabilities across storage area networks (SANs)
- Simplify operations by providing centralized, end-to-end network management of SANs, including Gen 5 Fibre Channel platforms and IBM b-type SAN converged Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) environments
- Manage storage and data networks through a single instance of the product to simplify network management and provide greater flexibility and visibility across environments
- Provide comprehensive support for Fibre Channel SAN management with configuration, zoning and visualization capabilities, including end-to-end host bus adapter (HBA) and converged network adapter (CNA), storage, and SAN fabric switch topology views
- Centralize enterprise campus network management of both wired and wireless networks through a unified management interface
- Integrate seamlessly with hypervisors and management solutions from other vendors
Although every network type has unique management requirements, most organizations face similar challenges managing their network environments. These challenges can include minimizing network downtime, reducing operational expenses, managing application service level agreements (SLAs) and providing robust security. Until now, no single tool has been able to address these needs across different network types.
To address this issue, the IBM® Network Advisor software management tool provides comprehensive management for data, storage and converged networks. This single application can deliver end-to-end visibility across different network types; it supports Fibre Channel SANs—including Gen 5 Fibre Channel platforms—IBM FICON® and IBM b-type SAN FCoE networks. In addition, this tool supports comprehensive lifecycle management capabilities across different networks through a simple, seamless user experience.