- Forty-eight 10GBase-T/1000Base-T RJ45 connections plus four 40 Gb QSFP+ connections in a 1U form factor
- Flexible and low-cost connectivity option for 10 Gb environments supporting distances up to 100m
- Supports OpenFlow and IBM® VMready®
The IBM RackSwitch™ G8264T is ideal for clients looking to expand into 10 Gb environments without compromising their data center’s overall TCO. It provides flexible connectivity for high-speed server and storage devices across distances up to 100m at a low cost.
The G8264T is an enterprise-class and full-featured data-center switch that delivers line-rate, high-bandwidth switching, filtering, and traffic queuing without delaying data. Large data-center grade buffers keep traffic moving. Redundant power and fans along with numerous high availability features equips the switch for business-sensitive traffic. The G8264T supports IBM VMready technology, an innovative, standards-based solution to manage virtual machines (VMs) in small to large-scale data center and cloud environments.
- G8264T is a low cost, flexible connectivity option for high-speed servers and storage devices
- Software is based on Internet standards for optimal interoperability with Cisco or other vendors’ networks
- VMready for virtualized networks
- OpenFlow enabled, making user-controlled virtual networks easy to create, optimizing performance dynamically and minimizing complexity.
- Forty-eight 10GBase-T/1000Base-T RJ45 ports, 4 × 40 GbE QSFP+ ports in a 1U form factor
- Up to 16x 10GbE SFP+ connections using optional breakout cables
- Hot-swappable redundant power supplies and fans
- Two airflow options to manage hot- and cold-aisle applications