- Lossless Ethernet, Fibre Channel, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) in one switch
- Extreme flexibility with IBM Omni Ports that support 10 Gb Ethernet and/or 4/8 Gb Fibre Channel connections
- Ideal for clients looking to aggregate FC/FCoE converged traffic with ability to connect to existing SANs
- Proven IBM end-to-end convergence testing delivering easy interoperability throughout network1
Many clients today have Ethernet and Fibre Channel connectivity from their servers to their LAN and SAN networks and are seeking ways to reduce the cost and complexity of these environments by leveraging the capabilities of converged Ethernet and Fibre Channel/Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) switching. The G8264CS offers the benefits of a converged infrastructure today, while providing flexibility for future growth and expansion. This switch is ideal for clients looking to connect via their existing SAN infrastructure, as well as, clients wanting native Fibre Channel connectivity, in addition to support for protocols like Ethernet, FCoE and iSCSI.
- Omni Ports provide flexibility of using 10 Gb Ethernet and/or 4/8 Gb Fiber Channel connections
- G8264CS is optimized for High performance computing and other applications requiring high bandwidth and low latency
- Software is based on Internet standards for optimal interoperability with Cisco or other vendors’ networks
- VMready and Virtual Fabric for virtualized networks
- 36 × 10 GbE SFP+ ports, 12 Omni Ports and 4 × 40 GbE QSFP+ ports in a 1U form factor
- Hot-swappable redundant power supplies and fans
- Two airflow options to manage hot- and cold-aisle applications
* FCoE Qualification by IBM iLABs to be published in Q2 2013.