- Robust and complete Layer 2/3 feature set for IBM® RackSwitch™ and embedded IBM Flex System™ and BladeCenter® switches
- Comprehensive Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) and Fibre Channel feature set for converged switch models
- Management via graphical user interface (GUI) or industry-standard command line interface (CLI)
- Ease of deployment and manageability via IBM System Networking Switch Center
The IBM Networking Operating System (IBM Networking OS) is a data center-class network operating system progressively developed over the past decade to deliver highly reliable, high-performance Ethernet and converged switching and interoperability with existing network infrastructures.
IBM Networking OS delivers advanced capabilities for IBM RackSwitch, Flex System and BladeCenter switches through its robust feature set, stable implementation of industry standards and IBM innovations such as IBM VMready® and Virtual Fabric. A GUI and industry-standard CLI deliver easy management. IBM Networking OS supports the latest advances in cloud networking, flat networks, converged data and storage networking, virtualization awareness and software-defined networking.
- Easy management
- Robust and stable Layer 2 and Layer 3 feature set
- Management via GUI or industry-standard CLI
- Network-aware virtual machine mobility and simplified management of virtualized environments Supports network policies for virtual servers
- Data center bridging (DCB) and Full Fabric Fibre Channel support in some models enable lossless converged data and storage networking
- Proven interoperability into multivendor networks
- Advanced high availability features for sub-second failover and loop-free topology