IBM Migration Factory
The IBM Migration Factory works across all industries and sectors. We provide support for all phases of an engagement, including customer presales presentation, RFP response and proposal development. The Migration Factory formed at the end of 2003 following the acquisition of IBM Business Partner Sector7. The Migration Factory offers unique skill sets required for cross-platform work. Our team's core platform, package and database capabilities are listed below.
- IBM AIX®, Linux
- HP HP-UX, Tru64 UNIX & OpenVMS, Sun Solaris, Windows
- SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle E-Business Suite
- DB2®, Informix®, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server
Why should a proven migration approach be used?
- Reduces the cost of moving applications from one platform to another.
- Typically costs less than other available options and preserves the investment in custom applications.
- Usually faster than developing a new application or moving to a new application package.
- Minimizes impact on existing business.
- Existing IT staff will continue to know the migrated application.
- Retains the competitive advantage originally obtained from the custom application code.
- Mitigates and reduces the risk in moving applications from one platform to another.
How will migration help your business?
- Retain investment.
- Reduce cost of ownership.
- Leverage more powerful and supported technology.
- Access to larger pool of skilled technical resources.
- Current platform may have limited or discontinued vendor support.
- You've invested a great deal of time and resources in existing applications.
There are potential cost savings from replacing hardware, consolidating servers and using available skilled resources.