- Meet capacity demand with a powerful, affordable server that is ready to grow
- Scale up quickly and easily with 'pay as you grow' flexibility, including Feature on Demand (FOD) upgrades
- Save money with low-voltage processors, high-efficiency power supplies and remote management.
Powerful, flexible and reliable, the new IBM® System x3300 M4 is the value-priced performance tower for your emerging business.
Meet demand today, prepare for tomorrow
The x3300 M4 is a scalable, easy-to-use solution for customers in need of a powerful, affordable business server that can fit under their desk. The x3300 M4 embraces the 'pay as you grow' philosophy to maintain an affordable entry price while allowing you to scale and configure the server to meet your needs. This dual-socket system comes standard with a single Intel® Xeon® E5-2400 series processor and room to add a second as needed. The FoD option makes it easy to unlock an expanded set of capabilities with optional activation keys. Storage flexibility includes support for both 2.5 in. and 3.5 in. hard drives, offering a total capacity of up to 32 terabytes (TB) of hot-swappable storage.
- Better performance and more generous storage capacity in a smaller footprint help support a wider range of general business workloads
- Flexible storage capacity and storage choices supporting serial attached SCSI (SAS) or serial advanced technology attachment (SATA) HDDs or solid-state drives (SSDs)
- Embedded redundant array of independent disks (RAID) support and optional advanced RAID upgrade facilitates enhanced availability and protection
- Comprehensive systems management tools help increase uptime, reduce costs and improve productivity
- Innovative Feature On Demand (FoD) upgrade options
- Support legacy PCI-X slots for a smooth transition
- 4U tower with optional rack-mount capability
- Up to two Intel Xeon E5-2400 series processors
- Up to 1600 megaertz (MHz) memory speed
- Up to six peripheral component interconnect Express (PCIe) expansion slots; five PCIe slots standard, plus one additional PCIe slot when the second processor is populated. An optional peripheral component interconnect Extended ( PCI-X) slot is available via an interposer conversion kit
- Support up to 16 terabytes (TB) of 2.5 in. hot-swap serial attached SCSI (SAS)/ serial advanced technology attachment (SATA) drives (HDD upgrade options required) or 32 terabytes (TB) of 3.5 in. hot or simple-swap SAS/SATA HDDs
- Integrated 3 Gbps software RAID and optional 6 gigabits per second (Gbps) hardware RAID