- Meet growing workload demands with cost-effective processor and memory scaling
- Delivers value, performance and memory for mid-sized workloads
- Realise the benefits of four-socket architecture in a slim 2U server.
The scalability to meet growing demands
The IBM System x3755 M3 is a four-socket server that provides outstanding performance and capacity in a data centre-friendly 2U footprint. Based on the 8- or 12-core AMD Opteron 6000 Series platform, the x3755 M3 helps organisations scale as workload demands increase, accommodating up to 48 processor cores and 512 GB of memory for cost-effective scaling.
The right size for mid-sized workloads
The x3755 M3 is an ideal server for business workloads including database, virtualisation, Java™ and enterprise applications such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). The increased processor density helps reduce networking complexity and cost for high-performance computing (HPC) environments and the available 16 TB of internal storage facilitates data-intensive applications like Business Intelligence (BI).
- Four-processor performance and memory capacity in a small footprint
- Processor density helps reduce infrastructure costs and complexity and simplifies management
- Flexible design with extensive configuration options allows clients to start small and upgrade to enterprise features as needed
- Scalability of processors and memory provides growth protection as workload demands increase
- Serviceable design simplifies maintenance, while built-in reliability and availability features help ensure application uptime for critical workloads
- 2U chassis
- Up to four 8-core or 12-core AMD Opteron 6000 Series processors
- Up to 512 GB high-performance, new-generation Double Data Rate 3 (DDR-3) memory with 32 Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) slots and up to 1333 MHz memory access speed
- Internal storage flexibility with support for up to eight 3.5"; hot-swap SAS/SATA hard disk drives (HDDs), for up to 16 TB of local storage capacity
- Four PCIe slots
- Optional VMware ESXi 4.1 embedded hypervisor