- Improve cost-effectiveness with higher performance per watt
- Simplify management and serviceability with flexible design
- Manage risk with resilient architectures and virtualised environments.
Packed with innovation
The IBM System x3650 M3 provides outstanding performance for your mission-critical applications. Its energy-efficient design supports more cores, memory and data capacity in a scalable 2U package that’s easy to service and manage. With more computing power per watt and the latest Intel Xeon processors, you can reduce costs while maintaining speed and availability.
Simplify management and serviceability
The x3650 M3 offers a flexible, scalable design and simple upgrade path to 16 hard disk drives (HDDs) or solid state drives (SSDs) and 288 GB of memory. Comprehensive systems management tools such as advanced diagnostics, a cable management arm and the ability to control resources from a single point make it easy to deploy, integrate, service and manage.
- Power-optimised performance that leverages the speed of new Intel processors with more capacity and memory
- Innovative, energy-smart 2U design to help lower operational costs
- Energy-efficient design with unregistered dual inline memory modules (UDIMMs), 40 W processing and unified extensible firmware interface (UEFI) BIOS
- Better serviceability with a highly scalable, flexible design that is easy to deploy, integrate, service and manage
- Easier risk management with resilient architectures and virtualised environments
- 2U chassis
- Up to two 3.46 GHz six-core (3.60 GHz four-core) Intel Xeon 5600 series processors with QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) technology, up to 1333 MHz memory access speed
- Up to 288 GB registered DIMMs (RDIMMs) or 48 GB UDIMMs high-performance, new-generation double data rate 3 (DDR-3) memory
- Internal storage flexibility with up to 16 2.5 in. hot-swap serial attached SCSI (SAS)/serial advanced technology attachment (SATA) HDDs or SSDs
- Up to four PCIe slots
- Low 675 W design and up to 95 percent efficient power supplies, six cooling fan modules, new UEFI BIOS, altimeter monitored by Integrated Management Module (IMM) and IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager
- Network equipment building system (NEBS) 1/European telecommunication standards institute (ETSI) equivalent compliance for both AC and DC power supplies (model dependent)
- Compliance with 80-PLUS and ENERGY STAR energy-efficiency standards (model dependent)
- VMware ESXi embedded hypervisor support with optional 2 GB universal serial bus (USB) key for virtualisation