- Get higher performance per watt for greater cost efficiency
- Simplify management and serviceability with flexible design
- Maintain availability and lower risk through a resilient architecture.
Innovative technology in slim package
The IBM System x3550 M3 builds on the latest Intel® Xeon® processor technology with extreme processing power and superb energy-management and cooling features. With twice the performance of previous generations and a flexible, energy-smart design that integrates low-wattage components, the x3550 M3 can help you meet demanding workloads at a lower cost per watt.
Simplifying management and serviceability
The x3550 M3 offers a flexible, scalable design and simple upgrade path from four to eight hard disk drives (HDDs). Comprehensive systems management tools such as advanced diagnostics and the ability to control resources from a single point make it easy to deploy, integrate, service and manage.
- Power-optimised performance that leverages the speed of new Intel processors with more capacity and memory
- Innovative, energy-smart 1U design to help lower operational costs
- Energy-efficient design with unregistered dual inline memory modules (UDIMMs), 40 W processing and unified extensible firmware interface (UEFI) BIOS
- Better serviceability with a highly scalable, flexible design that is easy to deploy, integrate, service and manage
- Easier risk management with resilient architectures and virtualised environments
- 1U chassis
- Up to two 3.46 GHz six-core (3.60 GHz four-core) Intel Xeon 5600 series processors with QuickPath Interconnect (QPI) technology, up to 1333 MHz memory access speed
- Up to 288 GB registered DIMMs (RDIMMs) or 48 GB UDIMMs high-performance, new generation double data rate 3 (DDR-3) memory
- Internal storage flexibility with up to eight 2.5 in. hot-swap serial attached SCSI (SAS)/serial advanced technology attachment (SATA) HDDs or solid state drives (SSDs)
- Up to two PCIe slots
- Low 675 W design and up to 95 percent efficient power supplies, six cooling fan modules, new UEFI BIOS, altimeter monitored by Integrated Management Module (IMM) and IBM Systems Director Active Energy Manager
- Network equipment building system (NEBS) 1/European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI) equivalent compliance for both AC and DC power supply (model dependent)
- Compliant with 80-PLUS and ENERGY STAR energy-efficiency standards (model dependent)
- VMware ESXi embedded hypervisor support with optional 2 GB universal serial bus (USB) key for virtualisation